The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m a 06 Exige installing an MP62 and have a couple questions regarding the wiring. Where does the main harness post-injectors come down towards the alternator. The instructions say it’s between in the intake manifold and the IC port but do they mean wedged between them (by having the intake manifold off and squeezing it between them before bolting it on or do they mean simply laid over the intake manifold before the IC port?

either way I do that the AC single line (4 pin) cord is reaaaaally stretched to make it. Almost directly in the way of the super charger.

any tips or have a photo of how your wiring bends around this area?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This is the AC port sitting right below the alternator which with the bracket on is almost resting on it (almost it’s not).

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Yeah it's SUPER tight in that area and it only JUST fits in one way and it is pinched between the manifold and the head IIRC. I think you can't even take it in and out with the manifold on?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfect thanks! I also believe the AC plug can be disconnected, moved back further, and zip tied. I’ll confirm tomorrow.
I love how all the instructions I can find has them doing all the mounting etc with the engine out of the car... sure makes it look super easy that way :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts