The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Some help with wiring for DASH2 Pro

Hi all,

I bought a DASH2 Pro kit for the S2, but my mechanics are having some problems with the electrical wiring. I thought it was supposed to be plug and play, and the installation instructions in the manual and FAQ are not helping.

I believe it is a simple thing, but my mechanics and I are just not that technically inclined with the Lotus wiring. As such, I am really hoping someone can chime in and help me quickly here.

The DASH2 Pro harness comes with 2 connectors. One of the connectors mates with the Lotus wiring harnes connector for the Lotus OEM dash. However there is a second connector with 2 wires on the DASH2 Pro harness. I have asked Race Technology and it is supposed to the CANBUS high and CANBUS low connections.

I am baffled as to where this connector should mate to on the Lotus harness. I think the RPM information comes from the CANBUS so the DASH2 is missing that right now.

Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate! I did realise that the Race Technology website that I can tap on the CANBUS high and low signals from the OBDII port. However I thought it would be weird as that would render my OBDII useless with the DASH2 Pro.

Nevertheless I will pass on the information to my mechanics and ask them to mate that connector to the OBDII port and see if RPM information appears.

Much appreciated once again.

·
Inactive
831 Posts
The ECU uses KLine for OBDI and CAN for the dash, so you won't get normal OBDI command responses on the CAN line. There is a known problem where if you plug in some scan tools the dash stops working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ECU uses KLine for OBDI and CAN for the dash, so you won't get normal OBDI command responses on the CAN line. There is a known problem where if you plug in some scan tools the dash stops working.
Thanks dstevens! Pardon me but I do not quite understand your reply. Does that mean I should not mate that connector to the OBDII port?

I have not checked back with the mechanics if plugging that connector into the OBDII port works but am hoping that it will at the moment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am wondering if someone has the pinout diagram for the 2008+ dash connector that they can share?

I realised that the white 06-07 dash have two connectors at the back, one of which is for the canbus high and low connector. However the black 08+ dash only have one connector at the back. I think the canbus high and low are already integrated into just one connector.

Also would anyone know if the CANBUS communications have changed between the 06-07 and 08+?

Thanks in advance again, my friends!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts