The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I saw this over at Mach1registry.com and SVTperformance.com (I have a 2003 Mach 1 and used to have a 2003 Mustang Cobra.) I think this company in Arizona has abysmal business practices. And I think that, by spreading this link, many fellow Mustangers will not give their business to AMP.

When it comes to the Lotus Elise (any Lotus, actually) I think that owners will be far less tolerant of such behavior. The Mustang is a mass produced car with 140,000 units built each year (recently) and 40 years of production. There will always be someone with a Mustang that will find this business and get stung. The Lotus community, on the other hand, is comparatively much smaller. (akin to the Ferrari or Lamborghini community.) Bad business practices don't last long (or such businesses don't last long) in such small, tight-knit communities.

Bob

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
HuggyBear wrote:
It's too long. You have a Cliff Notes version. We have our own problems with some Lotus dealers.
The synopsis:

(read the second link... it's more concise) An active military soldier brought his Mustang in for engine work. He had a rebuilt, high performance motor shipped directly to AMP in Phoenix for installation. After the install, the engine had bad ticking noises. Disassembly revealed that 5 pistons were damaged and foreign debris was the cause. AMP blamed Vortech for a bad supercharger. Vortech examined the supercharger and pronounced nothing was wrong. AMP told the customer (allegedly) that if Vortech said the blower was fine, then they would perform the repairs at their cost.

AMP threatened the customer by stating that he shouldn't post the mishap otherwise they would do nothing. Weeks pass and the active duty soldier wants his car back and a refund. The owner of AMP jerks him around on time, then payment. Police are called and complaints are filed. AMP is (allegedly) known to the Phoenix Police to be the source of constant complaints and repeated calls for dispute resolution.

Bob

·
Registered
143 Posts
And I care....Why?

There are disreputable dealers, repair shops and vendors all around the country. Its sort of a fact of life, and if I had a mustang, and if I bought performance parts, and if I lived anywhere near Phoenix then I might take notice. Otherwise...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts