The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting antsy for spring, so I thought I'd get everything ready. I changed the oil and filter, the transmission fluid, and the air filter today. Then I washed and waxed her. Now if the weather will just cooperate...

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Sigh... Happy for you. Your car looks great BTW!

We still have snow depth over my knees in the front yard and the high temp for tomorrow predicted at just 20 degrees... Last year we had 6 inches of snow on May 3rd and freezing weather returned again by late October.

Hoping to pull the Lotus out of mothballs by sometime in mid May at this pace... (seriously) It's getting to the point where there's not enough time to fill in the pot holes before the next winter season... (sarcasm)

Damn this global warming!

Time to move.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Washed mine today as well, it had 700 miles worth of bug carcasses on it.

Next weekend's weather looks to be good enough for a trip up Blood Mountain :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She looks sweet! You should think about flushing the clutch and brake fluid and checking rear toe links too!
I did the brake and clutch fluid and checked the toe links a few weeks ago, so I should be good to go.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Over 3 feet of snow on the ground just north of Albany NY. There is a 10 foot snow bank in front of my storage garage. Even if the roads are clear in the next 3 or 4 weeks I'll be chopping the ice with an axe till my arms fall off to get my cars out :(

I am happy you get to pre-season your car, but a little jealous. Damn global warming indeed!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Lucky for me I've been getting the car out sporadically in the past week.

I still need to wash the car and get it ready for some spring openers in various car groups

and then do a brake pad replace / fluid flush and hope to find a new set of wheels/track tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts