The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning to have this is a christmas project but I think I will order a kit now instead.

I talked to lots of people that SC'ed their cars and read tons here.

So, I intend to order the SC kit from Sector 111 and a tune from charliex. I intend to do the install myself.

Jus wanted to ask one last question before I call Sector and place the order:shrug:

Any reason i should not do this? Seems like a well working kit and I really NEED more power :shift:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Do It :) Here's three good reasons! Vette, M3, Cayman S --- This is a joke but you get the idea! You will be able to keep up with cars that would normally smoke you on the straights...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDRddEkvVc8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDRddEkvVc8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You could save a buttload of money and time and install a nitrous kit and get similar results.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I test drove a S240 and I am picking up an Elise next Saturday so after test driving the Elise, it is nice but it needs a SC. I was thinking about doing the same thing with the Katana, but I am waiting to see the final results and product about the CharileX SC kit. I really like the idea of an IC and the more hp for my money sounds like a killer deal if it finally comes out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I test drove a S240 and I am picking up an Elise next Saturday so after test driving the Elise, it is nice but it needs a SC. I was thinking about doing the same thing with the Katana, but I am waiting to see the final results and product about the CharileX SC kit. I really like the idea of an IC and the more hp for my money sounds like a killer deal if it finally comes out.
Considering the time it may take before Charlies kit comes out I would probably buy the katana (or greddy kit) and just fab the IC setup, you could even throw one of those little SPAL puller fans on it, good for a few more ponies. Then just order the tune from Charlie.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Considering the time it may take before Charlies kit comes out I would probably buy the katana (or greddy kit) and just fab the IC setup, you could even throw one of those little SPAL puller fans on it, good for a few more ponies. Then just order the tune from Charlie.
it's coming out sooner than one might think.. :cool:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Something to consider. If you order the Katana and then the Charlie X kit comes out for just a little more money and makes a bunch more hp then who will be kicking thier own butt? If it was me I would wait a little bit and look at the options. Also, call Charlie yourself and see what he has to say, that is what convinced me to get it when it finally does come out. I am also going with the smaller pulley on for higher boost, putting a clutch and flywheel on when I do mine and some call this stage II and I am sure that will be way more HP than the Katana kit and the intercooler makes me feel so more better about long term reliabilty.
Troy

·
Registered
454 Posts
Something to consider. If you order the Katana and then the Charlie X kit comes out for just a little more money and makes a bunch more hp then who will be kicking thier own butt? If it was me I would wait a little bit and look at the options. Also, call Charlie yourself and see what he has to say, that is what convinced me to get it when it finally does come out. I am also going with the smaller pulley on for higher boost, putting a clutch and flywheel on when I do mine and some call this stage II and I am sure that will be way more HP than the Katana kit and the intercooler makes me feel so more better about long term reliabilty.
Troy
I may be wrong but I think the superchargers are identical. I was talking about adding the IC and piping (the real difference Charlies Kit has), and a pulley if you like. Whatever tune he has available just send your ecu to him and get it. Plus when he has a better tune you can always upgrade. With either setup I think an IC pull fan would be great mod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts