The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hoping to have the oportunity to actually drive an Elise before my car is due to arrive (possibly in about a month). Silver Star sold their demo so won't let anyone drive it. Same with other dealers. Are there any dealers in Southern California that are actually allowing test drives?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Only one month...:)

I guess you may just have to wait:D

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
SteveK said:
I have been hoping to have the oportunity to actually drive an Elise before my car is due to arrive (possibly in about a month). Silver Star sold their demo so won't let anyone drive it. Same with other dealers. Are there any dealers in Southern California that are actually allowing test drives?
first you have to find a dealer that actually STILL has their demo. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Smybolic has a purple one.

·
Registered
670 Posts
NO

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Maybe some new Elise owner who is trying to pay for his/her Hoosiers (or the car itself, or insurance, etc.) would like to set up a test drive day(s) in the San Diego area at some location with a lot of good curves and low traffic. $40 for 20 minutes, with the owner in the passenger seat with strict rules on how the driver is allowed to drive.

I have never driven the Elise, but love what I hear about it, which is why I am on the waiting list. However, I am still very uncomfortable ordering a car without ever having driven it, and I don't expect that any dealer in So. Cal. is going to allow much in the way of test drives. I am sure there are others just like me who would be willing to pay for a test drive in a good location. Maybe we need a voting thread to see how many would be interested in paying for a good test drive. And then another voting thread to see how current owners would be willing to host it. (By-the-way owners, it would be good PR for an owner who also sells Elise stuff on the side. :) )

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Hmmmm let me think about that for a minute...NO WAYrotfl

I have given more than a few EliseTalkers rides...but that is the extent of my generosity:D

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Patricko said:
Hmmmm let me think about that for a minute...NO WAYrotfl

I have given more than a few EliseTalkers rides...but that is the extent of my generosity:D
come on! have a heart!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts