The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are plowing through the Autobahn at 250+ Kph being recognized by cars in front of you on the neighboring lane becomes a matter of life and death. After all you're approaching them at double their speed:nanner:

So, one of the first things I did when I got the car 2-1/2 years ago was enable the DRL folllowing the instructions for disabling them posted here (the DRL is disabled by the factory on ROW cars). However bathing the whole front every time you want to wash the windshield is very annoying.

So, I've been continuously looking for better solution and finally found a set of after market DRL that both fit and fullfill the European legal requirements. I purchased a pair of "LED DRL Premium Line “Slim 500“" from Nolden which fit perfectly in the left and right air intakes.

And this is the result. I guess it should suffice.

Attachments

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
looks nice and bright

do you have a link to website?

How hard was the install?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the link in the post, but I'll repeat it here: Welcome

Installation is not really difficult, but tedious because of the need to remove the front underside (took 3 hours). Installations instructions are on the website.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any one out there got these with a Mansory front end. I am thinking of getting a front end. Already have a GTE (OEM) carbon fibre wing from the F1 edition.
But I am just not sure where the DRL would go or if the Mansory looks good on a white car (its an SR).

·
Registered
216 Posts
I ordered the Mansory bumper and was going to see if I could install these somehow. It ultimately depends if it will look right and will fit in a location.

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
I love my LED DRL's down there. And they look fantastic in the day or night.

I missed your install on that. Did you use the same product as the OP?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
This is on my to-do list too. I love the look. I'd like to match the size/shape of the LEDs in the headlights if I can (small size).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered the Mansory bumper and was going to see if I could install these somehow. It ultimately depends if it will look right and will fit in a location.
I would like to see your Mansory when you get it and put the lights on. Did you get yours from BRG?

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
I put the link in the post, but I'll repeat it here: Welcome

Installation is not really difficult, but tedious because of the need to remove the front underside (took 3 hours). Installations instructions are on the website.
So to get this straight, one still disables the factory DRL with its problems of activating night dimming et.al. and this Slim 500 Kit (Part No 2103, €203.65) includes a microprocessor to activate true DRL mode plus dim lights in comb with turn signal use, is that correct. I was not able to find installation instructions on the Noden site, can you provide a direct link?

Any dimensions on this, how much of the duct is blocked, we do have oil coolers behind those?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I was all over this mod as soon as I saw it. Easy fix to dark country roads and sharp turns. I don't think it took 20 minutes per side! :nanner:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Finally ordered some 9 LED ones for mine today. I found these type (see photo) that matched the look I wanted and are 12 inches long (minor trimming to ends of lens will be needed). All the others seem to only be 6 inches long and I wanted more. These have a slight arc to them too so should fit in there nicely. Only $15 but apparently they are not fully waterproof as advertised so I'll have to do some minor sealing prior to install. I have some extra Flexseal so I'll mask the lens and spray them good.

Now I have to wait for them to arrive......

Any tricks or recommendations to getting the wheel liners out?? I haven't played with it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Will this work on the Evora S? I think the S is using those lower air ducts.

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
Will this work on the Evora S? I think the S is using those lower air ducts.
That is my concern, the S's and ISP's use those ducts for cool coolers

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The ones I installed are 20mm high and fit the S without issue or impact to cooling (if you're driving fast enough to impact airflow you're fast enough to have ample airflow).

They are just marginally below legal requirements in Europe (but within acceptable tolerance).

BTW the only challenge is to find DRLs that match the curved Evora front. You want DRLs to point the light forward and not to the side.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Wheel liners are easy. Just undue the plastic screws carefully to avoid stripping, pull the plastic expanding fasteners, and once you have them all the liner pulls right out.

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
The ones I installed are 20mm high and fit the S without issue or impact to cooling (if you're driving fast enough to impact airflow you're fast enough to have ample airflow).

They are just marginally below legal requirements in Europe (but within acceptable tolerance).

BTW the only challenge is to find DRLs that match the curved Evora front. You want DRLs to point the light forward and not to the side.
In Texas and a few other states with extreme summer temps airflow is important at lower speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is no actual reduction in airflow area, the DRLs are in front of the narrowest point. So, at low speed there is no impact and at high speed ample air pressure.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts