The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
OK... am I the only one thinking that this is a bit nuts? Must be fun to jump between buildings, but your first miss will be your last miss! Yikes!

Bob

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Those guys, David Belle and Ciryl Raffaelli, are very well-known stuntmen. They do this for a living. I doubt they've neglected their own safety in the making of this video.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Impressive. Those boys make it look like they're operating under a different gravity than most.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
sonza68 said:
I could step across 2 1/2 feet.

That video is amazing.
Ditto no both counts, how do you fall off a 2.5 ft gap? Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The hopping from post to post, or stair to stair is very skillful, but the same or better can be seen at Cirque du Soleil etc.

What I find particulary amazing is the >= one story jumps without injury. I see people in the ED all the time who fracture their ankles just falling from a standing position (mostly uncoordinated fatbodies). Yet these guys are jumping huge distances time after time without harm. Goes to show what conditioning, flexibility, and proper rolling mechanics can do at the limit of human ability.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Goes to show what conditioning, flexibility, and proper rolling mechanics can do at the limit of human ability.
Yeah, but you also have ot consider that every time they push their limits, they're making their bones and joints stronger. The microfractures and stress they endure is exactly the type of environment that makes the body fortify itself. Look at the shin bones of a kickboxer. They can take thousands of pounds per square inch of pressure, which would shatter any of our bones. I'm sure these guys just keep jumping higher and farther. Their courage is more impressive to me than the conditioning.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Little Bastard said:
Dude... Need4Speed, where do you get all these crazy picts!? :bow: That's fu#king great!!! :D

Neil
I've spent time in Thailand & have a friend working there now. She sent me this shot. I guess it was on the localized Sony website. As to why, beats the hell outta me, but a fun photo. :D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
transio said:
Yeah, but you also have ot consider that every time they push their limits, they're making their bones and joints stronger. The microfractures and stress they endure is exactly the type of environment that makes the body fortify itself. Look at the shin bones of a kickboxer. They can take thousands of pounds per square inch of pressure, which would shatter any of our bones. I'm sure these guys just keep jumping higher and farther.
:confused: That's what 'conditioning' would entail.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive

Little Bastard said:
Dude... Need4Speed, where do you get all these crazy picts!? :bow: That's fu#king great!!! :D
Do you have any of BatDog?

Neil

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts