The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm digging through lots of web sites trying to find out real world mileage #s for the Elise. Some sites say 22/29, some say 20/23, some say 20/25.

Given that it's a Celica GTS engine, in a car 2/3s the weight of a Celica GTS, with a lower C_d one would expect significantly better mileage than those lower-end estimates.

What kind of mileage are you guys getting on, say, a commute and on a road trip?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I get about 30mpg highway, I'd say no lower than 25mpg in the city though. From what I've seen on other threads though, my mileage is not the norm.

There are a few threads on this topic if you do a bit of searching.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
im getting about 27... however before the blower i was over 30. i drive spirited.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yeah, those rotaries don't do so hot when it comes to fuel economy. And to think that the Renesis engine has better fuel economy than the 13B.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
33 highway all the time........ 28-30 around town and 14 on track days.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,688 Posts
On The Way From LOG in Indy

We got over 33mpg, traveling between 75-80mph on the entire tankful.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah, those rotaries don't do so hot when it comes to fuel economy. And to think that the Renesis engine has better fuel economy than the 13B.
I'm getting about 10 MPG on the track with the turbo and 6 -7 MPG with the Diasio (Renesis) but it's WAY faster, so it's worth it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...high-mileage '05 elise...

...i get 28-30 daily driving surface streets, 30-32 on highway road trips, and 26-28 on spirited runs through twisty hill country...

...i think lotus' published fuel economy is excessively pessimistic; possibly based on 87 octane fuel or constantly staying on the second cam...

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've been getting 33-34 in mixed driving to & from work. The LSS wheels were worth about 3-4 mpg, I was getting about 30 on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am approaching 40k miles and getting over 30mpg in mine and I also drive "spirited" :evil:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got back from a trip from norcal to colorado and at no more than 70mph I averaged 34.5 mpg for the trip. On one leg doing 60 to 65 mph I got 40mpg. Most of the time around town and to work I get 22 to 25 mpg. All I've done is desnorkle and put in a k&n filter and I always drive spirited.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I filled up and drove about 40 mins north and 40 mins back to the same station and got a measly 28mpg at 80mph.

2005 sport pack, AO48

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I average between 29 and 30. I've been as low as 23. On long road trips I get about 35.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm one of those people who saves every gas receipt. Most of these have been refilled at the same exact pump; a few have not. The pink/purple line is the MPG for that tank; the red/orange line is the average over the lifetime.

My lifetime average since I bought the car is 28.04 mpg.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts