The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 BRG Elise - The best color
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a really bad day on Friday. So I guess now I have to figure out what to do. Anyone in the LA area have a recommendation of where to take my Lotus to get repaired? I don't think there's any frame damage (I hope not - at least there wasn't anything obvious to me). And would any place you recommend be qualified to determine if the frame is good. Or should I just take it to a dealer? Haven't had to have any major body work in ages. Thankfully insurance should cover it. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
SO what happened? or would you rather not discuss it until the matter is settled?

I would say to take the car into a lotus dealer, they will check everything for you.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
take it to the dealership.
that wasnt a really bad day, if it were you would not be able to post this due to injuries from the accident.
just some perspective for you, its just a car, as long as you are ok, it was still a good day.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
You may want to give SCC (Specialty Car Craft) a call, they do a lot of Lotus' and exotic car collisions.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You can also try Mulholland Motorsports near Pico and La Cienega, 310-360-0948

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
sorry about your car. I'd say try SCC also.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Yeah...Dentworks. They specialize in Lotus.

Julio is VERY nice!

Mulholland Motorsports / Dent Werks

8630 West Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035 - (310) 360-0948
Open Weekdays 8am-6pm

While you're at it, have the inside of the headlights painted to match the body.

Sorry your Lotus got hurt.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you go to SCC you will see mine having its new clam fitted. Exact same color as yours, so see what you think about paint matching.

I don't think you can go wrong with either Dentwerks or SCC. Robert's paint job from Dentwerks is a work of art and SCC has some amazing techniques.

Steve at SCC has been more than helpful with insurance company.

At least you can justify a new clam. This is all it took to condemn mine...............

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Ouch, that makes my head hurt. :(
Hope it works out for the best.

·
Registered
2006 BRG Elise - The best color
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I talked to the dealer (Newport European) and they're directing me over to a place in Santa Ana called European Motorcar Works. I don't recall ever seeing them mentioned here so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I kind of like the idea of going someplace 'blessed' by the dealership, but barring any info I might end up over at SCC.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Hmmm... My rear clam was just crunched, so now I'm curious. I was goin to take mine to NE and let them handle it, but if they are sending you on your own...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts