The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have garage envy!

I want a garage like that! And the loft above the garage looks amazing also. If I only had won the Lotto...

Bob

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm jealous too, but mainly because I always wanted to be a pirate...

Aarrrrr!!! This be the best way to spend me treasure!!

"Sqwaaak - pieces of eight!"

I kid you not - scroll down to the end...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I don't get it, why is that picture included in there?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
babak said:
I don't get it, why is that picture included in there?
It's common with the dealers on Ebay to put in some sort of personal looking photo at the end of the listing. I suppose it's so that you see them as a human being instead of as a faceless company just trying to turn over cars for cash (which is probably closer to the truth).

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I know I'm probably totally missing the point of a lotus, but when I see an engine compartment with that much room I can't help but think V8 swap. It looks like they even have one in the back of the garage ready to go in. :D

Has anyone bastardised an europa this way? My preliminary google search only turned up turbo cars.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Evl said:
I know I'm probably totally missing the point of a lotus, but when I see an engine compartment with that much room I can't help but think V8 swap. It looks like they even have one in the back of the garage ready to go in. :D

Has anyone bastardised an europa this way? My preliminary google search only turned up turbo cars.
I saw it on a car show once. On TLC maybe? I can't remember any details.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Evl said:

Yes, a car was built for GKN called a 47D with the Rover V8. 4.4 Liters, 292 HP, 0-100 in 11.1 sec and top speed around 180 mph!

Don't know where the car is today, but I would bet it is in a collection in England because it was a famous car from the day it was built.

p.s. - like the Elise, the Europa actually has a trunk behind the engine. It has been removed it most of the photos but is installed in one of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts