The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the fastest track 2ZZ Lotuses in North America. I have the logs from this day. He was making it from 120 to 140 MPH in 3.0 seconds... Try that at home, folks. It's fast! This is all with straight positive displacement supercharging, which means NA like throttle response but a torque curve as flat as Kansas.
This car makes 415whp at full at full track temps. It has full aero drag with large wing, splitter, and canards and still laughs at 140mph :D. 25 PSI boost with a BOE REVX kit. We've made 515whp with this kit with more ideal hardware and fueling.
Fast forward to the sections on the straight and you'll see it gobble up MPH like its nobody's business. He's clearly gear limited and "throttling" the the straight around 140mph to avoid bouncing off the rev limiter... Next step is obviously a higher Final Drive to let the car stretch its legs.

My good friend @darkSol is estimating these BOE REVX cars to be low to mid 10 second 1/4 mile cars at about 140mph. That ain't bad for "kit" power that's track worthy!:up:

Love it!!!

Phil

PS- Hope you can see the video via the facebook link below!

Video Link on FaceBook

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should mention that he doesn't really start letting it breathe on the back straight till lap 4ish... so start around 4:30 on the video. I giggle... :)

·
Vendor
3,161 Posts
That is awesome! Love the lower compression BOE motors with more boost. Ferrari has the 488 which is turbo. Jeremy Clarkson says it is best engine ever. McLaren is Turbo. The SC on the small displacement Toyota motor has instant torque. NA is just so dead with the way the TVS and ECU tuning is dialed. Can't wait to get the dust off the XP car and get out there.....

Oh if anyone wants a TVS, you can get them from BWR too... :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
:surprise:That's downright scary.

I like it :grin2:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That is awesome! Love the lower compression BOE motors with more boost. Ferrari has the 488 which is turbo. Jeremy Clarkson says it is best engine ever. McLaren is Turbo. The SC on the small displacement Toyota motor has instant torque. NA is just so dead with the way the TVS and ECU tuning is dialed. Can't wait to get the dust off the XP car and get out there.....

Oh if anyone wants a TVS, you can get them from BWR too... :)
What? I thought TVS was REV400 and REV-X was a Whipple?

·
Vendor
3,161 Posts
What? I thought TVS was REV400 and REV-X was a Whipple?
You are reading more into that than I intended. The Rev-X is a built-motor serious bit of kit commitment. I was speaking of the TVS300 and TVS400 that we also sell. These are still incredibly capable and very fast. They are not twin-charged custom terrors like your car, though! My larger point is that forced induction has gotten so good that N/A's future is limited in performance. It used to be that you gave up something with forced induction from NA; i.e. throttle response, peaky power deliver etc. Now the only thing you give up going from NA to a TVS300 or TVS400 is boredom.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You are reading more into that than I intended. The Rev-X is a built-motor serious bit of kit commitment. I was speaking of the TVS300 and TVS400 that we also sell. These are still incredibly capable and very fast. They are not twin-charged custom terrors like your car, though! My larger point is that forced induction has gotten so good that N/A's future is limited in performance. It used to be that you gave up something with forced induction from NA; i.e. throttle response, peaky power deliver etc. Now the only thing you give up going from NA to a TVS300 or TVS400 is boredom.
Ah, gotcha. I would love to test one of those Whipple powered cars one day... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts