its always showing 130-150 even when car is off or at idle

any thoughts?
thank you
L

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad gage or sensor? Maybe the wire is grounding out.
got a new sensor from AiM
so i have ruled that out
everything is insulated
everything else works on MX2E digital cluster.
where can I check for bad ground?
thanks much
L

·
Registered
05' Project Fennec
165 Posts
Is it a one wire sensor? if it is you might have a ground issue, you can check the resistance between the body of the sensor and a good ground point like the engine ground strap it should be no more than a few Ohms

If its the AiM 4 wire sensor and you have already replaced it it you either have a wiring issue or possibly the analog input on the dash is messed up. I am not familiar with the dash but it is possible to wire the sensor up into a different input and check to see if that fixes the issue?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it a one wire sensor? if it is you might have a ground issue, you can check the resistance between the body of the sensor and a good ground point like the engine ground strap it should be no more than a few Ohms

If its the AiM 4 wire sensor and you have already replaced it it you either have a wiring issue or possible the analog input on the dash is messed up. I am not familiar with the dash but is it possible to wire the sensor up into a different input and check to see if that fixes the issue?
i think it is 4 wire AiM sensor since there are 4 prongs in each plug.
bad extension cable?
I guess I will try swapping the channels in the channel expansion and see if i still get erroneously high oil pressure
thank you

L

·
Registered
05' Project Fennec
165 Posts
If you still have the issue when you swap to another channel, try the sensor directly connected to the dash it should read 0 and if that works your extension cable is suspect.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Can you list the AiM part numbers of the sensor and any extension cable(s) you used (between the sensor and the channel expansion unit and/or between the channel expansion and the dash)?

Do you still have the CE going directly to the dash, or is there a data hub between the CE and the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Can you list the AiM part numbers of the sensor and any extension cable(s) you used (between the sensor and the channel expansion unit and/or between the channel expansion and the dash)?

Do you still have the CE going directly to the dash, or is there a data hub between the CE and the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he's using 0-150 AIM oil pressure sensor with 4 prongs, there should be data hub between CE and the dash.

I have same setup and reading 0psi when car is off and 68~71psi WOT.
OEM oil pressure reads 3.63 bar from EMU black ecu on track.

·
Registered
888 Posts
If he's using 0-150 AIM oil pressure sensor with 4 prongs, there should be data hub between CE and the dash.

I have same setup and reading 0psi when car is off and 68~71psi WOT.
OEM oil pressure reads 3.63 bar from EMU black ecu on track.
I agree, I installed same on my '08 Exige, including the data hub (and a SmartyCam), and oil temp and pressure sensors connected to the Channel Expansion (all working fine). The reason I asked is because the OP said that he couldn't get the data hub (and GPS) to work so he connected the CE directly to the dash (link to post).

·
Registered
5 Posts
You’ve selected the correct sensor on race studio? By default mine were not the Aim ones and I had to find them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts