The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stock rear window glass is 3.40 lbs.

RLS CF Exige Window is 0.7 lbs. Precision CNC cut carbon fiber is an exact replacement for your stock Exige rear window glass. (The new Exige Cup 260 deletes the rear glass in favor of carbon fiber, as well.)

Extremely high quality carbon fiber: Twill weave CF, high gloss on one side at matte on the other.

For closed circuit use only.

The rear glass can be removed without removing the rear clam of your Exige, Exige S, Exige S220, Exige S240.

MSRP: $255

Pictured below: first batch of rls CF Window Panels were carbon / Kevlar weave. First photo shows back side (peel ply / matte finish) and front side (gloss). Protective tape is peeled back for a peek at the glossy side.

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
... hold ...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MqoX50Rxk5M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MqoX50Rxk5M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Demonized - that's some funny sh*t! LOL

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Negotiating prices right now... they will be built in about 1 week... hey - you saw how long they had to hold in the video, yes?! :shrug: rotfl

FYI - the rear window can be removed without removing the rear clam... intact...

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Updated specifications, see original post.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Photos added.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm stocking the window panels in carbon (2x2 twill), carbon / Kevlar weave available for order.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The cat is out of the bag... the RLS CF Window Panel has an extra benefit... now you can duct air from your roof scoop *through* the rear window, bypassing the bottleneck that is often referred to as the "mail slot."

The intercooler likes this.

A kit is forthcoming. The cross sectional area of flow is more than doubled.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is a quick photo to get you thinking:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Losing weight *and* increasing airflow to the intercooler. Hmmm... naw, I'd rather diet. :cool:

·
Registered
460 Posts
UPS person delivers...

I ordered a CF back window (plain, no duct work) and it arrived today in the UPS drop off. The panel itself looks simply awesome. Its weight is minimal so it should remove a good amount of weight (glass is heavy). My only concern is that it is very thin and may increase the sound levels in an already loud passenger cabin. Heat transfer from the engine might also be an issue...:shrug: a little heat shielding on the engine side would fix those issues.

IMHO, the best aspect of this mod is that it eliminates one of the dumbest car vestigial limbs ever known. Let's face it, a back window in an Exige S is about as useful as teets on a...(well you know the rest if you're from Texas.)

Hoping to get it installed this weekend. If so I'll post up pictures.

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
i like the rear window. It's one of my favorite things about the car. I get to look over my shoulder and stare at the motor. :D If there's a weird sound or if you suspect something you look back there and investigate. :p

1 - 20 of 52 Posts