The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Announcing a group buy on the effective rls Intercooler Mk II:

Price: MSRP: $1085 (add $100 for anodizing)

RLS has negotiated a fantastic deal on the popular rls Intercooler, and you save! This is our extremely capable track version: bar and plate construction, greater volume, greater flow, greater surface area and greater thermal capacitance, hand welded, still made in the USA! Knock down IAT temperature spikes, improve flow and horsepower, improve supercharger efficiency. Track proven all around the world.

Stock (OEM) Lotus Exige S intercooler: flowed 363.9 cfm at 48" of water, rls Intercooler: flowed 409.7 cfm at 48" of water. That's a 12% improvement in airflow.

Group buy price: total of 6 units: $895, total of 10+ units: $820.

According to your place in the group buy, also deduct the following discount:

#1. additional -$75 discount
#2. additional -$60 discount
#3. additional - $45 discount
#4. additional -$20 discount
#5. additional -$20 discount
#6. additional -$15 discount

Example: if 10 units are sold, #1 on the list will be $820 - $75 = $745.

The group buy will run for three weeks or until 10 units are sold. Discount price will be according to # of units sold plus your "place in line discount."

EDIT: Add rls Tubes to an intercooler purchase for only $198.00.

Photo 1: rls Intercooler Mk II with gunmetal gray anodizing, optional Aquamist port (Bosch IAT sensor is standard) and optional carbon fiber shroud.

Photo 2: No guesswork: we use computational fluid dynamics, data acquisition, flow benching and track testing to design and validate our products. (Mk I CFD shown)

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'll step up for the first one. Any group buy/discount on the inlet/outlet pipes?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll step up for the first one. Any group buy/discount on the inlet/outlet pipes?

Thanks

Yes, we can do that. Add rls Tubes to an intercooler purchase for only $198.00.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#1. JungleJim
#2.
#3.
#4.
#5.
#6.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
#1. JungleJim
#2. HKFEVER
#3.
#4.
#5.
#6.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
#1. JungleJim
#2. HKFEVER
#3. Phone-MT
#4.
#5.
#6.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In this rate, I will never get the cooler... :(
Be patient, there are lurkers waiting to get to 6 pcs... I'm getting lots of PMs.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One step closer:

#1. JungleJim
#2. HKFEVER
#3. Phone-MT
#4. Sollihulfan
#5.
#6.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have you compared the RLS air to air intercooler with an air to water one in terms of efficiency, usefullness for fighting heat sinking on trackdays??

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you compared the RLS air to air intercooler with an air to water one in terms of efficiency, usefullness for fighting heat sinking on trackdays??
Each has its own uses. You will find A2W in short duration motorsports like drag racing and you will find A2A in long durations motorsports like closed circuit racing. There are exceptions, of course, but the nice thing about A2A is there is an unlimited supply of ambient air to dump the heat into, and it is a direct heat path from charge air -> ambient air (instead of charge air -> water -> ambient air as in A2W).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is the RLS intercooler sufficient enough to prevent heat soak on a 80-85 deg day in a 30min track day session running at 9/10"s? The stock one was inadequit and the RLS model is only 12% more efficient.

Thx

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Each has its own uses. You will find A2W in short duration motorsports like drag racing and you will find A2A in long durations motorsports like closed circuit racing. There are exceptions, of course, but the nice thing about A2A is there is an unlimited supply of ambient air to dump the heat into, and it is a direct heat path from charge air -> ambient air (instead of charge air -> water -> ambient air as in A2W).
That I call 3Ls: Less parts, less trouble, less maintenance.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is the RLS intercooler sufficient enough to prevent heat soak on a 80-85 deg day in a 30min track day session running at 9/10"s? The stock one was inadequit and the RLS model is only 12% more efficient.

Thx
There are so many variables, including the humidity. (Drier air is actually worse for cooling your intercooler). Also depends on the average speed at the track and many other things.

All that I can say for certain is that it will do better than a stock intercooler.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
#1. JungleJim
#2. HKFEVER
#3. Phone-MT
#4. Sollihulfan
#5. Certified Lotus