The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The prop rod is made of forged high-strength 6061 aluminum. Anodized in either black or gold. It is removable, prevents distortion of the engine bay cover caused by the gas-charged OEM strut, and weighs 6/10 pound less. $40

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
what's the length?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice product - I think most of us (supercharged) also have the Intercooler "Ding" from the stock prop.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Special: $35 shipped to lower 48 thru October 31st. Forged & fully CNC machined, anodized in your choice of black or gold.

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
what about a choice of carbon fiber? :p

·
Registered
109 Posts
So how does it attach to the cover at the top? I see the overtravel method for removal. Ditto on the 'where does it go after'... and ditto on the intercooler ding.:wallbang:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It attaches at the top just like it attaches at the bottom (but rotated 180 degrees).

I tuck mine 1/2 way into the carpet seam, others have a little plastic snap-in solution.

The best part is that my engine bay cover no longer flexes at the seams from the constant pressure of the OEM pressurized strut. Plus, if I need to whap someone I just pull out the prop rod and whap away!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'd be quite interested if we could get the plastic snap piece too. The gas strut really is annoying as hell, and not any easier to open and close.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd be quite interested if we could get the plastic snap piece too. The gas strut really is annoying as hell, and not any easier to open and close.
I had something figured out, I just need to source them...

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Found 'em! They will be included. Black, self adhesive snap clips.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Looks nice. Anodized stuff looks great in these cars. Always nice to have boot lid options. My little plastic clip broke on my Elise so I just took out the whole thing out rod and all.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
It attaches at the top just like it attaches at the bottom (but rotated 180 degrees).

I tuck mine 1/2 way into the carpet seam, others have a little plastic snap-in solution.

The best part is that my engine bay cover no longer flexes at the seams from the constant pressure of the OEM pressurized strut. Plus, if I need to whap someone I just pull out the prop rod and whap away!
legend has it if you stare into a mirror at midnight and recite "touring suspension" 3 time then Tim mullen will appear behind you and :thwack: with a RLS Prop rod

1 - 20 of 36 Posts