The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RLS Side Scoop Mesh Kit by NCI

Do you have an aftermarket side scoop on your Elise or Exige, but don't have a protective mesh installed?

These professionally made mesh kits protect your engine bay from road debris and alien invaders.

The mesh kits come in regular Exige scoop size or in the larger "wide scoop" size for TWRD side scoops (and others).

By using "68% open" mesh, the grilles flows a great deal more air than the OEM mesh on the Exige scoops. These will also retrofit the restrictive OEM Exige scoops as well as aftermarket scoops that use the same contour.

The grilles are formed with curves in three dimensions... they look like they came from Hethel. Manufactured by professional motorsport manufacturers NCI!

MSRP:

Standard Size: $60 / pair
Wide Scoop Size: $80 / pair

Now shipping!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
that solution would be the no drill exige scoop mounts by nci.you remove the stock plastic grills and install the scoop mounts.install the exige scoops to the brackets.then you have the same look as an exige.with better cooling into the engine bay.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Well, I have to ask... any pictures of it installed? I'm very interested as I was about to order material and try to make these for myself anyways.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i thought someone was doing the front and rad mesh kits already?if not than i can look into doing some.
I remember seeing something on hanger111 but there's supposedly an issue fitting the top radiator mesh to the Federal Elise, so I've held off.

If you can find me a link to a product that will work for me I'll gladly buy it...
Though I'd rather support Thomas & you.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
it was a member on this forum that i saw.i know there is a guy doing the engine cover grills.i will look into it some more.

wallnuts i will look for an installed pic of these grills.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think it was kiowapilot or something like that.
I think you could easily produce a mesh kit for everything but the fronts. The front takes a lot of grinding and cutting to get it looking right, no real bolt on solution will work without some cutting.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I think it was kiowapilot or something like that.
I think you could easily produce a mesh kit for everything but the fronts. The front takes a lot of grinding and cutting to get it looking right, no real bolt on solution will work without some cutting.
are you talking about cutting the inner lip back to a 1/2 inch or so on the front opening.are the cooler openings hard to mount too?it was your thread that i remember reading about the difficulties of mounting the front.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
So, pictures aside, how do I order these? What adhesive do you recommend installing them with?

·
Registered
451 Posts
kiowa pilot made radiator and engine cover grills, but didn't get the front ones done. Someone else made mesh side scoops for the elise. I'd snatch up some front grills if they were offered in a similar black diamond mesh pattern. Otherwise I may just get rid of the plastic bits up front and run without any protection. I hear that may be dangerous though. ;)

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, pictures aside, how do I order these? What adhesive do you recommend installing them with?
You can order them by PayPal to: reallylightstuff [ a t ] gmail [ d o t ] com

Please add $10 shipping to lower 48 states. Include in description: either RLS Scoop Grilles, or RLS Wide Scoop Grilles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sands Mechanical Museum Shows how to do Front Mesh a how to guide with pictures.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sands Mechanical Museum Shows how to do Front Mesh a how to guide with pictures.
I'm too lazy to do it myself. I'll install it, but don't wanna get into forming and cutting and all that nonsense. I'll pay someone a premium to do it, though.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts