The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fully progressive water / methanol injection system for the Elise and Exige. Fights heat soak, and more...

You could buy two of "the other" systems for the price of this one... but you wouldn't have half the capability.

$840 for the Exige - specific kit. (The generic kit can be purchased elsewhere for a $140 savings).

·
Registered
624 Posts
Will this use the windshield wiper fluid reservoir as a sump or will it come with an independent one.

Edit: also what kind of difference are you seeing with this system on your car

I am thinking of getting a meth kit for the elise since I can't have a meth lab :(

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
and the crowd grows louder... dyno plots ... DYNO PLOTS .... ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
nice touch with the logo...

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys... plots are coming... not fast enough, I admit, but they are coming.

Yes, shares the windshield wiper fluid reservor. That is enough capacity for a very hard track session. It is easy enough to add a larger tank if you prefer, but sharing the wwfr saves weight.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just don't forget to drain the rain-x and bug-remover solvent mix 1st! rotfl

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any Updates?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Any Updates?
Yes. Finishing instructions.

Now shipping. $840.00

I'm sure there will be plenty who will lament the price... if you want the best, this is it. If you want to buy two of "the other" systems, good luck with that. :shrug:

The cockpit controller is all that you will see when the system is installed. More photos and specifications to follow.

This is a custom, tuned, Lotus Exige S specific, progressive, fail-safe water / methanol injection system. The system is engineered to compliment the rls Intercooler and the rls Tubes, but can be used by itself.

The system is produced to my specifications by ERL in the UK, makers of the Aquamist systems. They are good enough for WRC race cars...

Fight heat soak, increase supercharger efficiency, kiss goodbye to detonation. 25 degree F IAT drop is typical. Benefit from charge air cooling, in-cylinder cooling, detonation control, increased supercharger efficiency, etc. (I'll write a novel about this when I come up for air...)

Highest quality components, engineering and testing have gone into this product.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
186 Posts
Very nice....you did your homework putting this together. Let's see some installed pics!!!

Be good,
TomK

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice....you did your homework putting this together. Let's see some installed pics!!!

Be good,
TomK
Thank you sir, may I have another? ;)

I'm doing the install instrux now, that's a tedious process... I'll be adding to this post as I have time.

I can't wait to reveal the boost upgrade that this system allows... :coolnana: but that's down the road a bit. Need to finish instrux right now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
All this with no tuning, you are a braver man than me. Lets wait and see some dynos, for the costs of this and the intercooler with the pipes you could nearly get a Proalloy charge cooler which should give better long term hot climate running. Lets wait to see back to back dynos to see some proof this stuff works!
I do like the pipes I bought tho good quality just now got to get all my stuff anodised.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What's the difference between this system and the Perrin badged Aquamist system?

Looks exactly the same except that it's $729.99 and has their logo instead of yours.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
What's the difference between this system and the Perrin badged Aquamist system?

Looks exactly the same except that it's $729.99 and has their logo instead of yours.

The Perrin kit and the rls kit are both produced by ERL in the UK. But, no re-branding conspiracy here...

The rls kit is custom made for us and is preconfigured for the Lotus Exige S : the wiring, nozzles, the whole kit is designed and built specifically for the Exige to my specifications. As one very specific example, the controller wiring harness is a custom length to allow the rls Injection kit to be mounted opposite the battery and routed into the cabin though existing grommets.

The nozzle size and placement have been developed with extensive data logging, and the rls Injection system uses two injection ports instead of the Perrin's one.

In short, you get a lot more than the coveted alien logo for your $110.00.

The comoponents are silmilar, but the kit is not.

P.S. Although the MSRP is $840, I'm happy to sell you the kit sans the Exige-specific wiring harness, nozzles, brackts etc. for the price of the Perrin system. (It would be similar to the Perrin and would not include the Exige specific items that I have tailored.)

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
P.S. It will take your above-average technician several hours to duplicate the Lotus-specific customizations that I have made to the kit. I'll bet that would cost more than $110. For the do-it-yourselfer, it will save you at least twice that many hours and many jars of aspirin.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts