The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We build a lot of Lotus cars every year. It's what we do. I don't share enough of them, but thought I'd do a quick write up on this 06 Cup 240. It's a rare bird to begin with being early in the S2 Toyota Cup line up.

We had the pleasure of turning this stock Lotus Cup into a real screamer. It's by far not the most powerful car we've had through here, but the handling is derived from my car and it's a "Recipe" we've done several times now that simply Gets. It. Done.

For those that may may know Hallett, this is a sub 1:20 car there with just 275whp!

More info here: Mike's Racer

Some pics for kicks below.

Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Phil

Attachments

·
Administrator
Exige S260
1,962 Posts
:clap:phil, that's a HUGE intercooler! The roof scoop is also big to match! Very cool!

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. We love these builds. It's impossible to capture the various custom components on this car, but it's all repeatable and something we've done several times.

Been asked about the brakes in PMs.

The rotors are stock diameter. I've written about this here: Stopping a Lotus on a Dime

The front calipers are on our Radi-Cal brackets and the rears are stock 2 pots with SS pistons. The flying Lizard driver reported back that the brakes on this car are better than what's in his IMSA RSR! Perhaps that's subjective, but nice feedback nevertheless. It's the same setup that's in my 500+hp track car. Love the cheaper, lighter, smaller rotors that fit in 15" wheels. The calipers and manual brake setup are magical.

We do use dropped joints up front. The smaller diameter tires help with roll centers significantly and improve the stock gear ratios (final drive, if you will), which greater improve the trans life as well...

Cheers,

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts