The Lotus Cars Community banner

What looks better on the back of a Lotus Elise/Exige?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to re-order rear badges for my Elise...But I'm undecided on what to order. So I'm asking you guys what you find most attractive for our rear ends...

Please leave a post if it depends on colors, after market parts, etc. I'm curious to know what you guys think would look best with a Magnetic blue, challenger grill, and Arqray exhaust(Granted these aftermarket parts may not make any difference to the badging.)

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I think Mag Blue would set off the 'chrome' raised letters beautifully.

Oh, I have a set for sale, btw. ;)

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Yes, Mag Blue with the silver/chrome raised letters looks :drool:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I have always been satisfied with the flat chrome letters :shrug:

With the emblem, people will not know what kind of car it is. You cant read the emblem from the perspective of another car in traffic.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
I have always been satisfied with the flat chrome letters :shrug:

With the emblem, people will not know what kind of car it is. You cant read the emblem from the perspective of another car in traffic.
I believe this helps keep people from tailgating.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I also prefer the flat letter stickers but in a solid color and not in chrome.. (I would recommend a white flat sticker type for your car)

The badge also looks ok...

The raised letters however make the car look like some body got at the car with some super glue and fake jewel kit or something.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
the like the badge best.but i hate people tailgating to read what the badge says.i can read there lips when they get close enough.(oh its a lotus)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Either badge or naked. Anything is better than those raised letters.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
If you decide of flat letters, I can provide them in any color, including factory chrome, reflectives, carbon fiber, etc etc etc

·
Registered
144 Posts
I love stripes on the lotus. And IMO with stripes...the badge is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...if you can get them, choose bevelled letters over extruded letters - much more classic...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i agree
I also prefer the flat letter stickers but in a solid color and not in chrome.. (I would recommend a white flat sticker type for your car)

The badge also looks ok...

The raised letters however make the car look like some body got at the car with some super glue and fake jewel kit or something.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I replaced the "L O T U S" letters with a badge.

I like the look better. See pic.

Note: Ignore the "SPORT" sticker, it's long gone. I do a have a LOTUS tri-oval sticker on the rear window. That seems to stop a lot of the tail-gaters!!

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts