The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With only around 1K on my Evora, my rear breaks already squeak. Anyone else having this issue?

Will the dealers fix it under warranty?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Mine have done it from the beginning - just break harder. Every once and a while do a good 70+ mph stomp on the breaks to quite them and clean them a bit. Works for me but it always sounds like a schoolbus if I gently apply breaks. :\

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Just remount your brake pads with anti-brake squeal paste. Brake squeal is more prone in dryer climates.. When I changed my brakes there was none used.

·
Premium Member
6,244 Posts
Exactly, squeaky brakes are babied brakes!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had squeaky breaks as well and thought it was just because they are brand new, but they never stopped. My dealer put some sort of spray/goo/whatever that Aston Martin gives them for their brakes and this handled that. No more squeals.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I had squeaky breaks as well and thought it was just because they are brand new, but they never stopped. My dealer put some sort of spray/goo/whatever that Aston Martin gives them for their brakes and this handled that. No more squeals.
I know it's such an easy thing to do why can't the manufacturer the spend a few pennies to put some anti-squeal lube on.. Every brake shop I've ever been to does this.. it's standard practice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was told its from braking to gently and the pad creating a "glaze" on the rotor that squeaks. Even so often I mash the brakes and it helps a ton. Remember it's designed to brake when at high speeds. I'm sure if you're punching 140 and need to stop you'll hear no squeaks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts