The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When changing the disc's and pads this weekend, noticed that the RR caliper, after the upper bolt is removed and the disc off, could slide off the lower guide and past the Allen head so that the caliper is completely off the hub - is this normal? Also appeared to be missing the lower guide sleeve (metal piece) which is now arriving tomorrow. Appears the hex head is stripped so the bolt remains in place for now, assume I can just put the boot guide (rubber piece bottom left of image) in the caliper, insert the sleeve (bottom right of image), and slide it all back over the lower caliper bolt?

Or another way to put it, is the hex head (M8 bolt) supposed to prevent the caliper from sliding off?

·
Registered
148 Posts
The brake rotor will prevent it from sliding off... I dont think the m8 has any say in the matter :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
the M8 bolt and the lower bushings, guides allow the caliper to "pivot" for pads change. mine does not slide off. maybe something is missing in your caliper and since the M8 is stripped, someone probably screwed up while servicing the rear brake in the past.

if its missing the slider, I am surprised the caliper doesnt rattle like crazy during normal driving...???

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it’s going in Monday for the rear brace and I’ll ask them to take a look to see what’s going on. Luckily have all the spare parts ready to go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts