The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the Exige out of storage. Home for not even half hour, parked the Exige on the grass to clean drive way. Went to move the Exige into drive way not even fully off the grass and bang. This idiot from next door pulled into the parking lot across the street, I seen him stop so I started backing out. Then before I was half way on the road I stopped and looked again and he was still in the parking lot. So I started to move again (I also have a backup camera and he was not in it). I was barely moving not even 2 km an hour. Then according to my son he started to back up much faster and we hit. He said he didnt even see me, he just had to look over his left shoulder and he would have seen me. He was driving a 2001 jetta with enough dents that he doesn't even know which scratch or dent just happened. Now I have to go thru the hassle of an insurance claim. There is a good size scratch on the passengers side rear corner and under it the fiberglass has 3 cracks about 6 inches long. It doesn't look bad but who knows what the insurance company will do. Advice please on what to do about damage. Do I make them get a whole new rear clam or just repair the scratches and cracks? Will either one depreciate the value of the car? Here in Canada the values for Lotus are going up. An almost exact 07 exige just sold for $55000 with 30000 km on it. My Exige has only 12800 km. I hate the fact that there will now be a claim on my car. F$#!ing asses and their cheap ass jetta's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Repair and move on. The Exige clam is tougher than the Elise one and certainly repairable... just make sure you use a shop who stand by their work (my insurance company covers all repairs for life - worth checking if yours does).

I had a LandCruiser run into the back of my car last week and toook a fist size chunk out of the rear wheel arch... it will be repaired as there are no replacement clams available.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Get a diminished value claim from his insurance company too after the repairs are done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts