The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new rear clam what are my options and prices?

Used ?
CF ?
New ?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Someone give you a rear-end job?? (hoping not) Or is it from all the rocks I threw at you a few weeks ago :D Don't rule out putting an Exige clam back there like Ronin did to his Elise...makes nice room for your new intercooler/SC. CF is still out of sight in price.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Rear clam taken out by me. :shift:

Stupid mistake couldn't get her back when the rear went. Both feet in might have saved it but I thought I could drive it out. :wallbang:

Rear clam, upper rear control arm, diffuser, side marker. I believe that is it. I am ok and the car can and will be repaired hopefully before LOG.

Chris

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
985 Posts
Sad to hear it Chris - your car was looking sweet at LotusCorp's track day!

I came close to the same thing at Autobahn last fall, but only ended up whacking the driver's side. I feel your pain man... :(

Glad to hear you're ok though - hope to see the car in one piece at LOG.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sad to hear it Chris - your car was looking sweet at LotusCorp's track day!

I came close to the same thing at Autobahn last fall, but only ended up whacking the driver's side. I feel your pain man... :(

Glad to hear you're ok though - hope to see the car in one piece at LOG.
Turns out that a car in front of me was pouring fuel all over the track and this was part of the reason for the suuden loss of control. My friend driving a Cayman on street tires said he was slidding all over and he couldn't imagine driving on r compounds. Oh well. I have a new upper control arm going on this weekend and need to find a used clam or just pull the trigger on ordering a new one. I will have it done for LOG unless I decide to start a ton of mods since it is allready down, :evil:

Could have been much worse I was very lucky!!

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts