The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I plan to remove the rear clam on the Exige.
I have read some threads on how o remove it, thanks for that.
But I have a small problem: the weatherstrip: The service manual says it must be peeled off but I'm afraid (as some people mentioned) that it will not glue properly when refitted.

So, when I look at this seal, I'm pretty sure it can be cutted somewhere in order to leave it on the rear clam.

My question is thus: Do you have done that already? Where should I cut it?

Thanks for your feedback!

François

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
It will peel back if you are careful. You only need to go across the top enough that the rear clamshell will clear it. Careful not to rip it.

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Cut it on both sides...I won't impact the leak resistance if you cut in the right spot... I've got it detailed in the first several pages of the clam tilt installation notes on my webpage... good luck, Phil

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

Thanks for your answers.
Phil, I would prefer your solution of cutting the seal.
I have seen the picture in your pdf page 2 - point 25.
Is that the correct one? If I understand correctly, I must cut where the rear clam ends over the sill, right?
Do you have maybe other pics in order to show how to cut it right?
Do you have other recommandations for a perfect cut (cutting angle, ...) in order to prevent any problem (leakage, ...).

Also, I have not found the bolts I have to remove near the rear window for removing the rear clam. I have seen that I must remove the rear panel with the speakers but I cannot due to the rollbar... Where do I have to start???
Also, some pics will be helpful.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts