The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some lovin today, it was from behind, and a Ford Expedition was doing all the givin. That being said, I've got a rear clam that is split from one tail light to the other and was looking for recommendations on where to go for repairs. I can be at Lotus of Atlanta in about 3 hours or Lotus of Durham in 5 hours. Anybody have any suggestions, experiences, etc. that might be of any use to someone in my position?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Rear Clam repair L.A.

I was hit over the rear passenger side tire cracked and needs new rear clam. Estimate was 16k the insurer that hit me has Mercury Insurance and coverage for only 10k. Would be interested in hearing how much your estimate is.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Got some lovin today, it was from behind, and a Ford Expedition was doing all the givin. That being said, I've got a rear clam that is split from one tail light to the other and was looking for recommendations on where to go for repairs. I can be at Lotus of Atlanta in about 3 hours or Lotus of Durham in 5 hours. Anybody have any suggestions, experiences, etc. that might be of any use to someone in my position?
LoA suggests some place to do the work. i cannot recall the name at the moment but perhaps a search will uncover it. maybe Mick or sweetdaddy would remember

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not LOD. I have heard positive talk about AutoGlo.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I am also from east TN and had the misfortune of using Autoglo. I can't recommend them as anything other than a shop to avoid. They seem to be just fine if you live close enough to stop in on a regular basis and essentially babysit the job but when you live a few hours away like we do they take plenty of advantage of the situation and frankly did shoddy work. I'd have been better off taking it to a high school shop class.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like I might be better off to take it to a reputable shop closer to home so I can keep close tabs on things. Anyone have experience with Autoglo in GA or with anyone in the Knoxville, TN area?

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sounds like I might be better off to take it to a reputable shop closer to home so I can keep close tabs on things. Anyone have experience with Autoglo in GA or with anyone in the Knoxville, TN area?
East TN Collission worked on a members Elise from a mild dog hit, and she went through 6-7 months of hell before she finally got the car back. They are generally among the best shops around here, but just didn't know how to do the Elise. (I recall her mentioning that they used the flat radiator as a tool storage then said it was accident damage they missed when it was leaking when she got the car back... but nothing in the accident was anywhere near the totally protected radiator..)

Not sure where else to go, but Autoglo sure didn't do me much good. I also didn't appreciate them putting over 55miles on my car, leaving fastfood wrappers and such in the car. Gee, think someone decided to use it for a few weekends while telling me they had yet another delay?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts