The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Friends,

Was just looking at the rear diffuser of my 2013 Evora S to determine how to remove. The pan and the fins look to be separate pieces but is not clear to me how to remove the fins. Just above the exhaust tip it appears to be attached but can't see how to remove.

Do I need to remove the fins to fit the Larini Muffler I just received or can I get by with just removing the pan.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I believe there are 14 fastners of various sizes to remove the whole diffusor. Then it should just drop away and you can work on your exhaust.

·
Illegal Alien
5,261 Posts
Yeah, the fins stay on also at least for the 12 and newer S cars the brace up under the tail pipe DOES NOT need unfastening, the parts manual shows these bolts to hold on the diffuser, when actually the bracket was modified to just hold the diffuser on with a slot. diffuser slides aft to release .. so end up as only 7 M8 hex head bolts and a I think 2 M8 button heads to remove. While sliding it aft and down you may also need to manipulate the metal sides out from the fender undersides. I would advice taping so as not to scratch the plastic, I didn't do the former so did the later.

This is a good general reference; but for the 12 and newer S's and ISP's it makes you take off too many bolts: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/diy-evora-exhaust-replacement-pictures-122885/#post1830161

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Julian and Plackslayer...success! I imagine the extra red bit of hose that came with my exhaust is to extend the existing red hose to reach the valve, correct? Should I heat wrap the hose?

Interesting that my muffler also came with two extra clamps but have no idea what they are for....hmmm?

·
Illegal Alien
5,261 Posts
Sent the PM reply on hose. Yeah two extra clamps, they are nice but heavier than stock. I figure on a well used normal car OEM clamps could be so rusty that they break coming off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts