The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Rear Diffuser Removal Question on Evora S

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  2011 chrome orange 
#1 ·
Hey Friends,

Was just looking at the rear diffuser of my 2013 Evora S to determine how to remove. The pan and the fins look to be separate pieces but is not clear to me how to remove the fins. Just above the exhaust tip it appears to be attached but can't see how to remove.

Do I need to remove the fins to fit the Larini Muffler I just received or can I get by with just removing the pan.

Thanks!

#4 · (Edited)
Yeah, the fins stay on also at least for the 12 and newer S cars the brace up under the tail pipe DOES NOT need unfastening, the parts manual shows these bolts to hold on the diffuser, when actually the bracket was modified to just hold the diffuser on with a slot. diffuser slides aft to release .. so end up as only 7 M8 hex head bolts and a I think 2 M8 button heads to remove. While sliding it aft and down you may also need to manipulate the metal sides out from the fender undersides. I would advice taping so as not to scratch the plastic, I didn't do the former so did the later.

This is a good general reference; but for the 12 and newer S's and ISP's it makes you take off too many bolts: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/diy-evora-exhaust-replacement-pictures-122885/#post1830161

#5 ·
Thanks Julian and Plackslayer...success! I imagine the extra red bit of hose that came with my exhaust is to extend the existing red hose to reach the valve, correct? Should I heat wrap the hose?

Interesting that my muffler also came with two extra clamps but have no idea what they are for....hmmm?

#6 · (Edited)
Sent the PM reply on hose. Yeah two extra clamps, they are nice but heavier than stock. I figure on a well used normal car OEM clamps could be so rusty that they break coming off.

#7 · (Edited)
So I’ve had my diffuser off on my 14 S for a couple weeks while waiting for parts and free time and finally ready to put it back on.

So just to be clear, there’s no bolts that attach to the bracket above the tailpipe, it’s just a slotted fitment kind of like the engine cover (makes me feel better as I thought I lost two bolts). @Julian73

I was having issues test fitting it back on. Does the silver/metal kick up duct sit to the rear of the ARB towards the truck? And the sides of the diffuser closest to the front of the car sit up on top of the diffuser trim right?

So the whole diffuser should just slide horizontally forward until the 7 10mm bolts and 2 Allen bolts line up?

Thanks!

#9 ·
There are 2 screws that go above the exhaust tip. I don't recall where the kick up duct ends up, but I can post photos of mine later if you need them. I remember having to be careful getting the sides slid into place to keep from scratching the side trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.