The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Body guy called and said he was unable to find a way to remove the Rear Elise Transom grills so he cut/ripped them out...

I was curious on what you guys do yourselves? Do you guys bother putting them back in or do you buy the set?

$25 each seems steep for each one, has anybody came up with solutions to this? How would I go to place them back?

http://www.lotusgarage.com/shop/images/products/020_elise_12.03_large.jpg #19 and #20

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
there is a screw to hold them in, and sometimes have some glue as well -but could be a model year change similar to the engine deck lid vents changed from '05 - i would see what the dealer part looks like in current inventory to see how they attach now.

would look a little odd with nothing there - either fill in the dips or replace them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would leave them out and fill and smooth the holes.... since its already at the body shop. I am going ot rip mine out when I get a chance. I have already got rid of all the other cheap plastic vents and stuff. THey are the onlt to pieces I hav left to trash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts