The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the rear fog light wiring diagram? I think its sheet 11 in the manual. My copy doesnt seem to have it.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Here it is ( have it as an attachemnt but I am not sure I got it right with this new forum). I don't think it was on the Federal (USA) cars though. Fog lights in the rear are not legal in the US.
David Teitelbaum

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think the wiring is all there. The connector for the rear fog lamp should be folded back and taped to the binnacle wiring harness on the right hand side behind the switch panel. By the way, JAE is having all of the switches remanufactured - including the rear fog lamp switch.

Reactions: carbuff

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what is the easiest way to run wires from the back to behind the radio? For a backup camera?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Some cameras are wireless and just need to tap into some power. If you need to run wires just follow the wires that are already in the car under the door sill.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought those exit under the fuel tank are hard to access?

·
Dreaded Prior Owner
722 Posts
For a back up camera, don't forget the switched power to the backup lights is already there at the tailights.
I chose not to go wireless and ran the video cable over the door behind the A pillar cap to my mirror screen, but the wireless are pretty inexpensive and much easier to install.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you get the wire into the cabin of the car?

·
Dreaded Prior Owner
722 Posts
My AV cable exits the engine bay above the rear windows near the door corner through a hole the bulkhead that was there for a vacuum line to the HVAC controls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts