The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was investigating a squeek that sounded like a pulley bearing or sumthing like that is it's sound varried with RPM. I removed the belt to have a see if any of the pulleys were loose or there was obvious play in any one of them. I found that the rear most idler pully had a fair bit of play in it. Last time I changed the belt I did not notice it (last year). Does anyone know if this is normal, or what the tolerance should be?

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
I was investigating a squeek that sounded like a pulley bearing or sumthing like that is it's sound varried with RPM. I removed the belt to have a see if any of the pulleys were loose or there was obvious play in any one of them. I found that the rear most idler pully had a fair bit of play in it. Last time I changed the belt I did not notice it (last year). Does anyone know if this is normal, or what the tolerance should be?
I think there was a recent post about a TSB on idler pulleys. Did you search?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I looked. The TSB is on the tensioner pulley assembly. I just put a new belt on so I will see if that helps. Will see

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
It could be your Tripoint kit pulley bearing, there have been several that have failed. Send a PM to turbophil...he makes an improved one.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave...I will drop Phil a line.
I did check that as I thought it may have been the issue but so far it has less play than the other Idler pullys (OEM ones).

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,277 Posts
What did you find out about your loose idler pulley? I wish there was a way to delete this pulley all together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts