The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows if the raised letters are the same size for each car.

Lotus has a new black trim option for the Evora that includes gloss black raised letters for the back and wanted to get them if they're the same size as the Exige/Elise's letters.

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The part number for the chromed raised "LOTUS" letters is A124B0326F and is shared by the following models :
- Europa > 2006
- Evora/Evora S
- Elise S2/S3
- Exige S2
- Exige V6

So yes, the gloss black version ( part number A132U0988S ) which is listed only for Evora/Evora S should be the same size as the chrome version !

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part number for the chromed raised "LOTUS" letters is A124B0326F and is shared by the following models :
- Europa > 2006
- Evora/Evora S
- Elise S2/S3
- Exige S2
- Exige V6

So yes, the gloss black version ( part number A132U0988S ) which is listed only for Evora/Evora S should be the same size as the chrome version !
Thanks! I was able to compare them the other day. They are just about the same size, but the font is a bit different. The Evora version letters are a bit thinner, IIRC. I did order the black gloss Evora raised letters.

·
Krypton Green Elise
53 Posts
Is this the only way to order black raised Lotus letters? I want them for my Elise. Are there any sources that are making them in black ready to go?

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great :)
Please post some pictures of the result, I'm very curious about how it'll look like !
I may not use the letters afterall because the stick pad is thinner than on the Exige/Elise version. If they're on the new Elise, then I will attach. I've been neglecting the car so I never really know when I'll get to it.

Is this the only way to order black raised Lotus letters? I want them for my Elise. Are there any sources that are making them in black ready to go?
afaik, yes this is the only way. Unless you buy the silver Elise ones and paint those. Basically the black Evora letters are painted - like any other shop would do it.

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
I am wanting to do the same thing. I think it would look slick. I wonder what the best means would be ?

Could a rattlecan produce a black chrome like appearance ? Would you paint them like with a touchup brush ?

Seems you would only have one shot at making them right DIY or your would likely be buying a set again...

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
I am wanting to do the same thing. I think it would look slick. I wonder what the best means would be ?

Could a rattlecan produce a black chrome like appearance ? Would you paint them like with a touchup brush ?

Seems you would only have one shot at making them right DIY or your would likely be buying a set again...
There is 'black chrome' paint you can buy, and it's different than simply gloss black, but it's not true black chrome.

However you paint them, you'll likely need to prime, as paint does not stick well to chrome. Even then the finish won't last all that long.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
There is 'black chrome' paint you can buy, and it's different than simply gloss black, but it's not true black chrome.

However you paint them, you'll likely need to prime, as paint does not stick well to chrome. Even then the finish won't last all that long.
Mine is holding up just fine.

San

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Mine is holding up just fine.

San
Great! But the fact remains it will not be as durable as an actual chrome finish.

That's a very strange looking roof scoop.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Great! But the fact remains it will not be as durable as an actual chrome finish.

That's a very strange looking roof scoop.
Full Mohawk carbon roof and Reverie carbon rear hatch.

San

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the part number says they are the same for both model but when you get it, it wasn't the case?
No, the letters for the Elise/Exige and Evora are different part numbers.

The part numbers for the Evora chrome and black letters are totally different as well.

I ordered the Evora letters because they're the only ones that come in black. I thought they were black plastic or whatever, not painted (to my surprise) when I received them.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
No, the letters for the Elise/Exige and Evora are different part numbers.

The part numbers for the Evora chrome and black letters are totally different as well.

I ordered the Evora letters because they're the only ones that come in black. I thought they were black plastic or whatever, not painted (to my surprise) when I received them.

But they fit with no issues? How did you line it up correctly on the clam?

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
I sure would like a clean image of the letters on yours 4380r. Or any images of blacked out letters. I am not going to use a black mask though. Your does look really sick though man !

seeing that hatch in a image is a very bad thing for me though... enabler ! Any better images of that ? I don't see fastners anywhere in your image ? peacb

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But they fit with no issues? How did you line it up correctly on the clam?
The letters between the 2 models are basically the same size, only the font is slightly different. Plus the stick pad under the letters is thinner on the Evora. I haven't installed yet, but I was going to use painters tape to line up the original locations before I remove the letters and replace them. There's also a picture showing the proper placement.

I had black painted Elige letters and unfortunately sold it right before I got the Evora letters. If I knew then what I know now, I would have kept the Elige letters and not bought the Evora's.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do they include a template for positioning the letters or do you have to wing it on your own...?
No, but there's a picture on another thread about letters that shows placement. I will use blue painters tape to line up the original locations before I remove the letters and replace them.

I did this tape method on my Mazda and the placement is exact.

I put a piece to the left and bottom of the letter/badge making sure I frame the letter/badge exactly with the 2 pieces of tape.

I'll take a pic tomorrow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where can I get the black raised letters

Hello,

This was a great thread, but did not list part #s, or sources for the black raised letters. I have a 2008 Chrome Orange Elise SC that's been blacked out. The rear, raised letters are all black (no chrome on the car at all), but I don't know if this was after-market (I suspect so). Unfortunately, part of the 'L' broke off during detailing.

Appreciate any help locating replacements.

EZ PZ

1 - 20 of 21 Posts