The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the undertray, diffuser and all bolts to the rear panel. Because of the heat shield that is attached to the rear panel as well as the hs over the muffler it won't come out. Without cutting things it appears that to remove the rear panel I must first:

1. remove muffler.
2. remove heat shield over muffler.

Does this sound right or is all the grit in my eyes causing me to miss the obvious?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got them. It's all loose as a goose. The bracket bends towards the rear of the car for those bolts and the attached heat shield bends towards the front (up and over) the muffler heat shield. No amount of prying, bending or horking seems to help.

·
Registered
361 Posts
there's 3 bolts at the top of the panel. the bolt head are on the inside of the trunk..
correct, the shield around the exhaust will stay in place.

·
Registered
361 Posts
HMMM, its hard for me to see how that picture is oriented, or what it could possibly be getting hung up on. If i wasnt at work I'd just zip on over and help you rip it out.

the part I meant by the exhaust is the smaller U shaped piece that is actually on the exhaust pipe before the muffler.

Are you putting in a new exhaust?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it!

The pic is looking up - on my back with my head by the passenger side tire.

No new exhaust - yet. I bent the perf section a long time ago and got sick of looking at it wanted to take it off to straighten it. i may just leave it off for awhile.

I wiggled it over to the side a bit to see what would present itself. To make a long story short - reached up and busted the bend out of the RP heat shield.

Voila!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
good work, I know it was a pain to get mine off, lots of tugging.

....thats what he said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts