The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have searched the Forum and Googled this question but i cannot find the answer,

On a 2005 Elise. how do you separate the heat shield from the panel? It seems to be glued. Can I slip a scraper in between the cardboard looking piece and the heat shield? Or do I have to drill out the rivets? Or both?

Thanks In Advance

·
Registered
545 Posts
As I recall, yes. The panel was glued somewhere. Using a scraper sounds like a good idea. I also removed the big heat shield "roasting pan" from around the muffler as well. Couple threads about air flow and such after doing so.
Have fun!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
OK I have searched the Forum and Googled this question but i cannot find the answer,

On a 2005 Elise. how do you separate the heat shield from the panel? It seems to be glued. Can I slip a scraper in between the cardboard looking piece and the heat shield? Or do I have to drill out the rivets? Or both?

Thanks In Advance
you dont they come off together its attached to the middle section. carl

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just took at look at my rear grill. There is a piece of heat sheild that would be directly behind the license plate it is attached to the grill. It comes off with the rear grill as it is attached with two riviets. As I recall the top part of this shield was glued to the underside of the boot. It just pulled right off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts