The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to remove the rear panel with little problem, but now that I'm trying to put it back on I'm having issues. Has anyone been able to put one back on? Any pointers?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Are you talking about that plastic thing behind your seat you need to take off to remove your rear clam? Or are you talking about the rear diffuser?

More importantly... what issues are you actually having?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the black part that bolts onto the clam & in front of the heat shield. I get it to a certain point & it will not go any further, like it's caught up on something. I'm wondering if it would be easier to just remove the heat shield & then reattach it once I get the panel on...

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Push the silver heatshield up against the exhaust to get as much clearance as possible. Those tabs on the top of your rear license plate panel are hard to get up there. If you are able to get the panel back up to where it belongs, move the heatshield away from the can again and you're good to go... but I would just remove all that heatshield and heat-wrap the exhaust. It's lighter and works just as good. It also gets rid of the ugly silver heatshield that you can see through the grill slots.

A bunch of pics of elise/exige cars with rear panels and no heatshield (just heat-wrap) http://www.difflow.com/5element.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts