The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the 2pot caliper to rear mod, and need a radial mount bracket for the rear. I ordered the BOE bracket, but it's backordered right night and I have some events coming up. Anyone have any experience with the bracket on eliseparts.com? I plan to use the stock calipers for the handbrake if that makes a difference.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
@SeniorDingDong What did you end up going with? I'm getting ready to order caliper mounts as well and can't decide. Noticeable price difference between the two, but I can't tell if there are any other differences.

·
Registered
2010 Lotus Exige S260 Sport
210 Posts
@SeniorDingDong What did you end up going with? I'm getting ready to order caliper mounts as well and can't decide. Noticeable price difference between the two, but I can't tell if there are any other differences.
Elise Parts uses 7075 t6 aluminum, BOE has 6061 t6 aluminum. That’s the only difference I can tell. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Since you are liv8ng in US, I suppose, I suppose that inokineric have some. Since I am in Canada, I am using a lot eliseparts, nice service and nice product.

For the bracket itself, it is now a generic product...

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I just bought the Boe brackets and installed them, the fit is perfect and they do have a cut out to clear the abs wires, others don't. I was toying with the idea of buying the Elise part ones as well, but the price difference, by the time you have them, is not worth it to me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The one difference I see is that BOE has steel threaded inserts as per there web page:

"A very important note is that we installed steel threads so you know the threads will stand the test of time."

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Another reason I went with the Boe bracket, they use Allen head bolts to fasten the bracket to the upright, they are counter sunk into the bracket and clears the joint on the axle, but just barely. The other brands use hex head bolts, and I can't say this for certain, but from what I saw installing the brackets, clearance would be a problem, and getting a torque wrench on them impossible, unless you have a crow foot that size. Remember they have to be tightened to 65 lbs/ft. ?

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Yeah, I seem to recall older posts about that ABS relief cut out. I ordered the BOE mounts today as my gut tells me those will be easier in the long run.

Reactions: CRG53
1 - 8 of 8 Posts