The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...i've spent a few hours mining old threads but thus far have come up empty: does anyone know the maximum mounting depth supported at the stock 5-1/4" rear speaker locations, excavating excess insulation foam as required?..

...this is for a 2005 federal elise, but i presume all series 2 interiors are the same in this regard...

·
Registered
827 Posts
...i've spent a few hours mining old threads but thus far have come up empty: does anyone know the maximum mounting depth supported at the stock 5-1/4" rear speaker locations, excavating excess insulation foam as required?..

...this is for a 2005 federal elise, but i presume all series 2 interiors are the same in this regard...
Unfortunately I can't remember what the depth is exactly but I do remember that I tried to install some Alpine R series speaker but had to swap them to the S series because the magnets were too big on the better ones. Pretty sure that there isn't any insulation foam back there, after all, insulation weighs too much :p. Sorry I'm not more help. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts