The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
If oyu have a link or picture of the part you need weighted, let me know. just to make sure I weigh what you need

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
wow

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
OK, I guess you have the answer, but that is the piece i have. I lifted it yesterday and it sounds about right at 62 pounds.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
seriously. Maybe a redesign or different material?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
seriously. Maybe a redesign or different material?
When I was rear-ended by a pick-up truck I was very glad impressed with the design and subsequent performance of that piece.

It deformed and buckled so as to protect the more expensive components, i.e. engine and suspension.

I suspect a similar design made of aluminum would be very expensive.

I eventually sold it and was able to ship it by UPS to the new owner.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Couldn't you compare the weights of the Euro S2 (pre-111R) to a Fed Elise, then replace the Fed's Toyota motor weight (198lbs?) to get a good estimate of the whole dry subframe? The differences otherwise between the two are easily found in various strip-down threads here (crash/bumper regs, airbags, ABS).

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Couldn't you compare the weights of the Euro S2 (pre-111R) to a Fed Elise, then replace the Fed's Toyota motor weight (198lbs?) to get a good estimate of the whole dry subframe? The differences otherwise between the two are easily found in various strip-down threads here (crash/bumper regs, airbags, ABS).
toyota motor and tranny add 100lbs from rover Elise/exige

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.