The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures from the rear-view mirror driver's perspective of an Exige without the OEM intercooler blocking the sight lines.

-RObert

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I thought exiges didnt have a rear view mirror?
They do, US laws.

Haven't seen to many NA Exiges in the US. I guess they are like the rest.......you cant see ****.

I still have the mirror installed. Just added a rear camera with a 3.5 LCD to it.

Sorry I don't have any pictures.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,404 Posts
Renderman your quote is a lot of BULL!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have an NA Exige. That picture is pretty accurate... I very rarely use my rear view mirror... from time to time I try, but it never works... haha

Here's my thought process:
"That looks like there is a car behind me..." Actual situation: There probably is, but it's damn near impossible to tell how far behind me.
"There doesn't look to be a car behind me..." Actual situation: Don't trust it. I look over my shoulder, and side view mirrors, and still don't trust it, so I accelerate before I change lanes.
"That looks like an emergency vehicle..." Actual situation: Probably a cop.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
They do, US laws.

Haven't seen to many NA Exiges in the US. I guess they are like the rest.......you cant see ****.

I still have the mirror installed. Just added a rear camera with a 3.5 LCD to it.

Sorry I don't have any pictures.

I believe in CA at least you either have to have both side view mirrors which allows you to not run a rear view or the driver only with rear view mandatory.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I believe in CA at least you either have to have both side view mirrors which allows you to not run a rear view or the driver only with rear view mandatory.
I double checked the laws before removing the one in mine. Specific laws vary from state to state. Where I am, left hand side mirror is required, plus one additional mirror which may be interior. However if the view is obstructed out the rear window, a right hand side mirror is required.

·
Premium Member
8,404 Posts
Renderman you are the king of satire here. I was referring to your"wings" quote.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone have pictures from the rear-view mirror driver's perspective of an Exige without the OEM intercooler blocking the sight lines.
It's really hard to tell from photos what the rear view is actually like. If you're concerned about visibility when backing up, don't be. You can tell reasonably well what's directly behind you. The challenge is seeing further back when driving, for example watching out for law enforcement far behind. That aspect is difficult at best.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts