The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..... I finally took my full length rear view mirror off and like other threads have said WOW.... HUGE difference :clap:
because I dont want ANY mirror blocking my view i was looking around for another place to put a mirror....

I set the factory mirror on/in between the two vents on the dash on its little mounting bracked and you can actually see behind you just fine because of how low the rear window is in relation to the dash(pretty level)....dosent block any of the windshield viewing area either... anyone else try this?
trying to think it a semi permanent mounting solution... ideas???
(for a smaller mirror of course)
-Jeff

·
Supporting Vendor
4,461 Posts
jeff8875 said:
I set the factory mirror on/in between the two vents on the dash on its little mounting bracked and you can actually see behind you just fine because of how low the rear window is in relation to the dash(pretty level)....dosent block any of the windshield viewing area either... anyone else try this?
trying to think it a semi permanent mounting solution... ideas???
(for a smaller mirror of course)
-Jeff
Nice idea. Plenty of old roadsters positioned their mirror lower like this. Industrial Velcro or DualLock could be a nice semi-perm way to attach it to the dash. You probably need to create a larger baseplate so there is enough surface area. Make sure it is secure. Ya don't want that thing flying at you in a crash...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the micro mirror, it seems very nice, but it it still going to block out a chunk of the roadway to my right... I found that as I was driving and making a hard right turn I had to lean forward (because I am 6ft) to see around my mirror. Is there any reason not to mount a mirror on the dash?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
jeff8875 said:
Is there any reason not to mount a mirror on the dash?
Safety reasons. That's why they moved the up and made them "break-away" - to keep people from being impaled on the mirrors sticking up from the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.