The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be a simple question. I have the stock rear view mirror which is kinda big. I want recommendations on the best place to get one of those small rear view mirrors that I see some of you have.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I removed my rearview mirror, and didnt replace it. I havnt looked back since. LOL!

But seriously, just remove it, and use the side mirrors. The ammount of windshield realestate you gain is amazing. And if you can't back up just using your side mirrors, then turn in your keys now.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the Sector111 micro mirror as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for chiming in guys. I've seen the Sector111 mirrors before. Any other options?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed my rearview mirror, and didnt replace it. I havnt looked back since. LOL!

But seriously, just remove it, and use the side mirrors. The ammount of windshield realestate you gain is amazing. And if you can't back up just using your side mirrors, then turn in your keys now.
Not a bad idea, but I kinda wanna see who's behind me sometimes :) I tend to avoid having huge vehicles behind me usually.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I put my vote in for the micr-mirror from Sector 111. I like it very much. Another option would be to shop the specialty speed shops, but they tend to gear towards the American muscle car. Best bet would be the micro mirror which was designed for the Lotus.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got rid of the rearview and put in a new stereo with a 3" display and backup camera input. Then added a license plate frame with integrated camera. The picture is pretty good and allows me to see low items directly behind the car, which the rearview mirror couldn't do.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i think MWR used to carry a plinth made by Tesprit that mounts any mirror with a standard mount.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine came with the 111 mico-mirror and I love it. Its small but shows you the exact view you need between both head rests out the back. Everyone and I mean everyone points it out when they look inside the car, its kinda funny.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I dont know how I lived before without the micro mirror. I like it and even the lack of day night feature does not bother me much with my tinted back window.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have one of the smaller mirror kits that was recently part of the group buy from RLS. It's a quality piece of kit, includes new mount hardware that works with existing plinth on the stock windshield, and a mirror that is signficantly smaller than the stock monster. Also have the optional spacer adapter that makes it compatible with the hard top. Mirror includes the day/night lever. Total kit (custom mount, hard top extension and mirror) were $85 plus $10 shipping. I installed and ended up going another route, will sell for $75 shipped anywhere in continental US.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have one of the smaller mirror kits that was recently part of the group buy from RLS. It's a quality piece of kit, includes new mount hardware that works with existing plinth on the stock windshield, and a mirror that is signficantly smaller than the stock monster. Also have the optional spacer adapter that makes it compatible with the hard top. Mirror includes the day/night lever. Total kit (custom mount, hard top extension and mirror) were $85 plus $10 shipping. I installed and ended up going another route, will sell for $75 shipped anywhere in continental US.
I just sent you a message jelgin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts