The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying an Exige. I haven't sat in one yet, but looking at an elise and looking at an exige's back end... how can you see out the back of an exige? I noticed the exige has a rear view mirror inside... so can you see through all of the tiny grill mesh holes in the back?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
2006 you can see a very little bit
2007 you can see an intercooler

You get used to it and it really isn't a problem. Get Multivex mirrors and you're good to go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i got into the habit of not depending on the rear view mirror while driving my s2000, with properly setup side mirrors you can pretty much get a birdeye image of yourself driving down the road, plus cars like lotus are extremely (small) and agile, avoids accidents better than any other bigger cars. You could always use some help by installing a rear view camera/big ass LCD screen (like pioneer) in your dash, im shopping one myself, good luck

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Multivex Mirrors. They're shipping them again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rear Mirror

I have had my 240S for about a month. Do not worry about the rear view mirror visibility. I simply canted the side mirrors upward and inward a bit and you can easily see any cars lurking behind you. Backing up is a bit of a crapshoot but if it is really tight I simply open the door assuming no one is zooming up alongside and take a quick look in the back. I do honestly though try to minimize those moments..

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm looking into buying an Exige. I haven't sat in one yet, but looking at an elise and looking at an exige's back end... how can you see out the back of an exige? I noticed the exige has a rear view mirror inside... so can you see through all of the tiny grill mesh holes in the back?
Why dont you ask how many Exige owners have removed their rear view mirrors?

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I was considering getting a backup camera, but after I removed the rear view mirror I threw the idea out the window. There just isn't that big of a need.

·
Registered
460 Posts
You mean you want to look out the "check to see if the engine is still attached / on fire" window to see if there is a Hummer about to mount your Exige from behind? -eek-

-poke-:D-poke-

Multivex mirrors were the first modification I did. Drove the car straight home from the dealership and installed. I swear by them even in heavy traffic.

I have a back-up camera / mirror mounted LCD. It is really helpful backing up, otherwise I don't really use it much. I'll probably ditch it and feed the video into my JVC head unit so I can avoid backing into something.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently installed a jvc kd-nx5000 and rear-view camera. I was not sure how useful it would be but it is AWESOME. I no longer have any blindspots and can see 360 degrees without moving my head.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Get the Elise! Problem solved...
yeah but then you gain another problem; losing 20+ horses rotfl

the only time i wished i had rearward visability out the rear window is if you're parked in a lot at an angle (at a supermarket for example) and you're trying to back up and your visibility is blocked by the car parked next to you. all you can do is slowly roll back, pray to whatever deity you prefer, wait to hear a horn from an oncoming car, or worse, splintering fiberglass....

rear view camera is probably on my 'to do' list.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
yeah but then you gain another problem; losing 20+ horses rotfl

the only time i wished i had rearward visability out the rear window is if you're parked in a lot at an angle (at a supermarket for example) and you're trying to back up and your visibility is blocked by the car parked next to you. all you can do is slowly roll back, pray to whatever deity you prefer, wait to hear a horn from an oncoming car, or worse, splintering fiberglass....

rear view camera is probably on my 'to do' list.
Only until your sc comes in! :evil:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Just remember what Franco said in the Gumball Rally --
"And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving." *rips off mirror and tosses it out the window* "What's-a behind me is not important."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts