The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went searching through old threads and only found one, a GT4 wing but it was over $3,000.00? Are there any other options or am I just going to have to pay through the rear if I can even get one? It didn't sound like they even made many at all. I really liked the look as it was a nice looking unit that I wouldn't mind on my car. Any options people could shoot me would be appreciated.

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I know I've wanted to get the same wing but the cost just can't be justified at 3k+ for me. If it were carbon fiber maybe...

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
You gonna have to pay through the backside, that's the only wing that's gonna scratch your itch unless you are going racing.

For only another maybe $120,000 you can get the whole GTS.

We saw this one at Goodwood two years ago.

uk 011w.jpg

uk 012w.jpg

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try APR wing:
APR Performance - GTC-300 Adjustable Wing 61/67" width, 12" chord

APR Performance - GTC-200 Adjustable Wing 48/59.5/60.5" width, 8.5/9.5" chord

and refer to this link by Invictusmaneos installing the GTC-200, Post #16 about 3/4 down:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f17...thread-you-only-live-once-199506/#post2779905
I appreciate the links but I was looking for a wing that looks like it "should" be there.

And yes not even CF and over 3k is pretty hard to swallow after coming from cars that CF would be more around $1,500 to $2,000 and look like it was a factory option with the car. I guess when there are not many of these cars around that is what happens.

If I could find a GTS I would see what I could do to buy it.

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
GTS is track only, a "turnkey racecar". I think there are some over here.

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts
The Wirewheel does have two used GT4s for sale at about $150k, someone must have the milder GTS or GTN for sale.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sign me up for one, keep on wanting the GT4 wing but like everyone else though it was a little expensive for a non-CF part.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Guys, I am not trying to sound like a downer on this deal but I think we should look in a different place for something like this. The shipping from overseas alone will add a hefty cost premium to the price. There is a very capable company on the west coast who makes the CF barge boards for our cars. They have a great working relationship with Sector 111 including access to Shinoo's own Evora. I have asked about this but the noise needs to be a little louder. I would encourage everyone to call or email Sector 111 and let them know we are hungry for a wing. I had really hoped to get a really nice 3 piece Gurney lip wing as a more subtile offering like Tech Art made for the Carrera GT. Try this link:
Google Image Result for http://porsche-mania.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2007-TechArt-Porsche-Carrera-GT-Rear-Wing-Raised-1280x960.jpg

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You under-estimate the favorable cost differential of Chinese Labor. HK offers good products at prices materially lower than what anyone else has put out. Either way, as soon as HK posts a price we'll know what the target number is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I'd love one too, HK, but like everyone else the current price of what's available now is ridiculous. Very interested in seeing your offerings.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Maybe something like
Without knowing dimensions and possible mounting solutions it's hard to know what would work.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Will check whether there is any brake light stripe is fit for that thin. :scratchhead:

At the mean time, please help to find too. :bow:
You might want to take a look at the Mini convertible, which has a very narrow one.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Guys, I am not trying to sound like a downer on this deal but I think we should look in a different place for something like this. The shipping from overseas alone will add a hefty cost premium to the price. There is a very capable company on the west coast who makes the CF barge boards for our cars. They have a great working relationship with Sector 111 including access to Shinoo's own Evora. I have asked about this but the noise needs to be a little louder. I would encourage everyone to call or email Sector 111 and let them know we are hungry for a wing. I had really hoped to get a really nice 3 piece Gurney lip wing as a more subtile offering like Tech Art made for the Carrera GT. Try this link:
Google Image Result for http://porsche-mania.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2007-TechArt-Porsche-Carrera-GT-Rear-Wing-Raised-1280x960.jpg

That is cheating showing a CGT :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
If You guys can get a group of 4 or more together, I can discount the Lotus Racing wings from the GT4 car. The problem is shipping when they come in 1 at a time is expensive. If you're interested, PM me and If I get 4 commitments, I'll drop the price for the 'Group Buy'

1 - 20 of 46 Posts