The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
We change them on just about every car that comes into our shop.
I wouldn't use factory bushings, They will just move again. use urethane bushings.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Mine did the same thing at about 25K, or at least that's when I noticed it, eventually they got bad enough the rear end became sloppy under hard acceleration and or braking. I have an extra set of factory bushing and the special tool for installing if you would like I can sell the bushings and loan the tool.
Mike
Can some one please resize this pic ....I dont seem to know how...but I'm working on it

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah 37k on the car, just starting to notice under hard braking.

Considering upgrading, but would take you up on the tool offer. Send me a pm and we can work something out.

So basically I want to go on one last fall drive maybe 120 highway and 100 back roads.

Is the car safe for that?

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
You will be good for 120 Mls, I let mine go for thousands of miles before I changed them.....eventually the squeaking from metal on metal contact got to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Mine did the same thing at about 25K, or at least that's when I noticed it, eventually they got bad enough the rear end became sloppy under hard acceleration and or braking. I have an extra set of factory bushing and the special tool for installing if you would like I can sell the bushings and loan the tool.
Mike
Can some one please resize this pic ....I dont seem to know how...but I'm working on it
I don't know why it does not resize itself. Mine always do when I post them here. I sure don't do anything special.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
At 75k Mls I did the total suspension refresh kit from Sector 111, new shocks and springs, DBA rotors with padig blues at the same time. A ton of work but the car feels precise and new again...well worth all the banged up body parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 11 of 11 Posts