The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So I got my turbos rebuilt and back installed from Majestic Turbo (thanks for the previous help picking them out) and now I am getting P0447, p01301 and p0328 codes. My scanning tool is reporting 9 codes in total, 3 of each of the ones I listed. I have never seen that before, usually you just get one of each listed.

I was reading through some of the other posts and it looks like I need to check the ground wires on the transmission. Is there anything else to check or anything that stands out to anyone? All I have done is replace the turbos, I don't remember it involving removing any electric connectors besides the ones needed to get the trunk panel out. My speedometer occasionally jumps around when the car is at a stop and the car idles somewhat ruff but has good power and otherwise runs very well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Hi guys,

So I got my turbos rebuilt and back installed from Majestic Turbo (thanks for the previous help picking them out) and now I am getting P0447, p01301 and p0328 codes. My scanning tool is reporting 9 codes in total, 3 of each of the ones I listed. I have never seen that before, usually you just get one of each listed.

I was reading through some of the other posts and it looks like I need to check the ground wires on the transmission. Is there anything else to check or anything that stands out to anyone? All I have done is replace the turbos, I don't remember it involving removing any electric connectors besides the ones needed to get the trunk panel out. My speedometer occasionally jumps around when the car is at a stop and the car idles somewhat ruff but has good power and otherwise runs very well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
P0328 Knock sensor circuit high possible cause, bad ground connection

P01301 Misfire possible causes: ignition problem/low compression

P0447 Vent control circuit shorted Possible causes: connectors, wiring, bad solenoid, bad ECM

The things they all have in common is that "mucking about" you could have disturbed connections or wiring. These faults do not light the MIL so you may have had them for a while and doing the turbos had nothing to do with the error codes. You need to inspect the wiring and the connectors for each circuit and make sure all of your grounds are hooked up. First step is to check the engine wiring harness for any outward signs of chafing.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
181 Posts
You mentioned you have no history of this engine codes not until you replaced a parts.
...just go back under and review all the connection....again.
....or if you can afford to clear the codes and try it again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts