The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how I can get recall work done on my car. Oil lines and shifter.

Lotus is telling my that ONLY a dealer can do this work. That's all fine and good but it's not like Lotus dealers are all over the place. The closest one is 1500 miles from me in Washington!

There are a few independent shops local to me that could do the work, but Lotus is saying no, and no you can't have the parts either :huh:

I am talking to the wrong people?? These recalls are a safety issue obviously.

·
Registered
154 Posts
sadly this sounds about right...

besides making some of the most awesome cars on the planet, they have the business sense of a bag of rocks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
besides making some of the most awesome cars on the planet, they have the business sense of a bag of rocks.
Waiting for the SECOND fallout of sudden oil loss to be repaired--already had a new engine and was just about through the breakin period when lines blew again. I have to agree with this assessment of Lotus.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
may want to consider a new oil cooling setup. BOE did mine - $640.($400 kit, $240 labor) Sleep at night and lose 20lbs of weight. ( And gain a few pounds of oil pressure, and be changing ALL your oil when you do your changes. No more 12-13 quarts of partially contaminated lubricants orbiting your car. Waiting to fail. Just 5 quarts +/-. Really nice lines & CLAMPS/FITTINGS. No more worrying about this time bomb.) I think if you got 20-30 buyers together you might be able to convince Phil to finish "kitting" this puppy :)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts