The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what brackets I need to get for this to fit in the Elise? Also where can I get them?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Depends on how far forward you need the seat. If you are 5'8" or shorter, the center console will likely be a very tight squeeze. I'd say 5'7" or shorter with a normal inseam for that size (say around 30"), you won't be able to use the center console - or you will be stretching to your tip toes to shift. Although I'd like to use it, there's a reason I'm selling my carbon fiber center console . . .

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm deciding between this and the Bride Zodia on Sector111. I'm pretty small, so the seat size isn't a problem for me. I usually drive with the stock seat in the middle slide position, not all the way back or forward. Would the center console really be an issue? The Profi SPG is the same seat used in the 2eleven, and they retain the stock center console. Does the 2eleven not slide?

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I'm also looking at changing the passenger seat out for an Exige seat, (my seats are in terrible condition so they both need attention)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Send him a PM, he offered to sell to me but I passed. I'm thinking of going with the Bride now which comes with brackets on Sector

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
FYI, I've sat in both and the bride is extremely thinly padded. You will feel the frame through your ass. The Recaro is much more comfortable IMO.

But the Bride is still very supportive and gives a lower seating position

·
Registered
913 Posts
Send him a PM, he offered to sell to me but I passed. I'm thinking of going with the Bride now which comes with brackets on Sector
Thanks! I too wanted to go with the Bride but after talking to Shinoo, I got the feeling it may be a little too small/narrow for me at 5'9", 32 waist line, 155lbs. I opted to go with the Reverie XC (still not installed).

I'll check the dimensions of the Recaro RS-G & if they are slightly smaller than the SPG, I might give it a shot with the rails.

EDIT: Found all the dimensions

http://www.gotuning.com/files/Web/Recaro/

SPG: http://www.recaro-automotive.com/au/product-areas/motorsport/products/recaro-apex-profi-spg-profi-spg-xl-profi-spa.html

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks! I too wanted to go with the Bride but after talking to Shinoo, I got the feeling it may be a little too small/narrow for me at 5'9", 32 waist line, 155lbs. I opted to go with the Reverie XC (still not installed).

I'll check the dimensions of the Recaro RS-G & if they are slightly smaller than the SPG, I might give it a shot with the rails.
I'm 6' 32" waist and 175lbs and I fit very snug in the seat. Some probably won't like it but I don't mind

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hmmm...sounds like it might not be that bad for my size? Dunno, just gotta try one when I see one I guess. The shoulder section of the Reverie XC might be a little too small for me.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know if the Recaro has to be cut in order to slide the full range? I'm leaning against it because I don't want to deal with that. It sounds like the Recaro would be more comfortable though..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts