The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, sorry if this is a topic already being discussed, I'm new here and couldn't find a thread on it...hope its not redundant.

okay, so i bought a new evora 2011 6 days ago and i couldn't be happier on the material possession tip.

i have the oyster interior and i would like to keep it clean. does any one have an experience w seat covers for daily use?

·
Registered
498 Posts
YES

1. Use leatherique or another leather conditioner. Get it direct better selection.
2. Getting in and out of the car. The seat bolster & dragging your shoes over the main leather beam can be a problem.

:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i noticed the shoes lift situation right quick. i guess i am more looking for an actual cloth/leather/ cover that i can throw over the seat it self. any recommendation or experiences?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I believe my seats are wearing WAY faster than they should... I almost have a hole in leather already. I have had nice leather seats before but it is verging on ridiculous.

·
Registered
498 Posts
yeah i noticed the shoes lift situation right quick. i guess i am more looking for an actual cloth/leather/ cover that i can throw over the seat it self. any recommendation or experiences?
If it’s a DD I would keep a towel in the car. Push the seat all the way back when leaving the car. This will allow easy entrance

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A towel? Seems like there should be a nicer looking option. Worse case I'll have my upholster guy make one but one would think there would be a non custom option

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
6,911 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,620 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I like the way they look but I just can't do seat covers.

The fact that the Oyster interior is rubbing thin on yours as well means we should have Lotus look into this.

It doesn't seem to be happening on any other interior - just the nice white. I think they should recall the seats and give us the option of 2012 seating options!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been talking w them and have sent photos. It's ridiculous for sure

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
ditto..my driver seat bolster leather is shot, and my seat bottom is wearing smooth/through at 4500 miles. I blamed it on the fact mine was a demo at first, but it has gotten bad, and I religiously care for my leather, have tint all around etc

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm taking my into the dealer next week. Lotus is rest itching the worn area on the seat. Seems like a stupid hoop to jump thru but here I go. Eventually the whole will wear out and they will have to replace them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I guess not. Duh. New seat covers. I don't mind how they
Look for daily driving. The way he stitched them is complex and impressive.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I believe my seats are wearing WAY faster than they should... I almost have a hole in leather already. I have had nice leather seats before but it is verging on ridiculous.
I don't quite have that level of wear, but the piping on along the left bolster has worn down to the grain. I need to have an upholster shop repaint my seats or something otherwise once the paint is gone, the leather will wear away rather quickly. I have leather paint in the exact color but am not confident in my painting skills. Maybe I might buy cheap airbrush if the upholster refinish job is overpriced.

And your right about the unusual weardown rate of the recaro leather. By comparison, my RX-8's leather seats are still pretty new after 8 years of use. A few creases but the paint on them has remained resilient.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts