The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I believe my supercharger needs to be rebuilt. It started making strange noises this weekend and after loosening the belt there is a binding every rotation. Does anyone have a rebuilder it is an mp62 from a vf1. I spoke with John from jonbondperformance.com and he seems very knowlegable. I am just a wary guy. I checked magnuson's website and did not find any rebuilding services. Any advice would be appreciated! Tommy

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i figured wait till normal hours I know he is busy

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
185 Posts
I sent mine to magnusun. They do offer rebuild services and seem competitive pricewwise with the other rebuilders out there.

I shopped around a bit before pulling the trigger. The fact that they provided lotus with the OEM kits was a big selling point.... These guys really know their stuff.

Great experience and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a rebuild.

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
Magnuson does rebuilds, as said earlier. Sometimes there is a wait of a few months if the MP62 is a couple months away from the next production cycle (but this affects all rebuilders).

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
A few years ago I had a M45 for a Miata rebuilt by by Wade Embree at the High Speed Lab: The High Speed Lab, Roots-type Supercharger Rebuild Services for All Eaton Superchargers

He is a straight shooter and a talented rebuilder of superchargers. He communicated with me very well and offered good advice when he saw exactly what needed to be done. The service and shipping were prompt, and the rebuilt unit purred (or should I say whined) like a kitten.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jermaine at vf reccomended I send it to them for evaluation then if other than the nose cone they send it to magnusson. This sounds reasonable. Now to find time to pull it out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts