The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My appologies as I am new to the forum and this question has probably been asked before. I just purchased a 2005 Elise which came with the competition wheels and tires. For winter driving I am about to put on kumhos and wondered if anyone had pressure suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
John,

What size of wheel & tire combo with the Kumhos?

A good place to start is at or close to the factory recommendations.

Kiyoshi

P.S. Isn't winter over? ;)

+1. you should be good with that. I doubt you'll be pushing the car hard enough in the winter to the point where it would make a difference anyways (at least you shouldnt' be)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My appologies as I am new to the forum and this question has probably been asked before. I just purchased a 2005 Elise which came with the competition wheels and tires. For winter driving I am about to put on kumhos and wondered if anyone had pressure suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help.
Could have sworn that you drove a 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Could have sworn that you drove a 1969 orange Dodge Charger.
That's the first thing I thought, too! :D

Probably will be fine with factory specs. But, in general, you will probably need to increase pressures as the sidewalls are not as stiff as the stock Yokos.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I would think stock pressures, or may a little lower like 24fr and 28rr due to wanting a flatter contact patch. Just do the autoX thing a do a little shoe polish on the top of the sidewalls. Drive around some tight circles check to see if the sidewall polish is untouched but worn away at the edge of the tread and you should be good. You know the stock pressures are 26fr and 29rr, right?
:nanner2:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Tampa FL :(
Wish I was there, it was 17F degrees this morning and calling for snow and sleet and ice tonight through tomorrow.
Doesn't sound like a good Elise Friday, but Monday was 70F it was a nice Elise day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts